From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of know whey
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2022 4:18 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] How to get the operator's name in the log #logging

I've seen logs that include the name of the operator. My logs don't have that. How do you get the name of the operator in the logs?

Thanks...

...joe

Tom V. Segalstad

Hi Joe,

When a QSO is finished, a small logging window appears on your PC screen. There you can enter the name plus QTH (and more, if you like) into the log form, and let it be saved in the log entry.

I usually look up the name and QTH for the station operator I just worked from either QRZ.COM or from QRZCQ.COM or from HAMCALL.NET.

73 and good luck from Tom, LA4LN

Sent from Outlook Mobile<https://aka.ms/blhgte>
________________________________

--
Tom (LA4LN)

Dave Garber

similar to look up calls

sent by ve3wej on lg phone7

On Sun., Jul. 24, 2022, 4:24 p.m. know whey, <jaypea500@...> wrote:

I've seen logs that include the name of the operator. My logs don't have
that. How do you get the name of the operator in the logs?

Thanks...

...joe

Bill, WB6JJJ

I use JTAlert that interfaces to LOtW.
Bill
WB6JJJ

On Jul 24, 2022, at 1:24 PM, know whey <jaypea500@...> wrote:

I've seen logs that include the name of the operator. My logs don't have that. How do you get the name of the operator in the logs?

Thanks...

...joe

Reino Talarmo

I've seen logs that include the name of the operator. My logs don't have that. How do you get the name of the operator in the logs?
Hi joe
In WSJT-X you can add operator's call or name in Reporting tab. There is a box called Op Call: for that purpose. Another possibility is to add it each time operator logs the QSO into the Operator field. Both generate a new field into the wsjtx_log.adi file such as <operator:5>Reino.
I have understood that this information is also sent to other logging software that support ADIF.
73, Reino OH3mA

Web - KC4WEB

I use WSJT-X with Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD). WSJT-X sends the log record to HRD and HRD updates the record with the name, locator and other data that it retrieves from QRZ.com (subscription). Good luck.

Roger

On 25/07/2022 16:40, Web - KC4WEB wrote:
I use WSJT-X with Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD). WSJT-X sends the log record to HRD and HRD updates the record with the name, locator and other data that it retrieves from QRZ.com (subscription). Good luck.
How do you know that QRZ has the correct up to date locator? Does HRD overside the locator received over the air?

73
Roger
GW4HZA

Bill, WB6JJJ

LOtW may not have the correct grid but the grid received from the other station in WSJT-X will override that data. At least it does when I am using JTAlert.
Bill
WB6JJJ

On Jul 25, 2022, at 12:45 PM, Roger <groups@...> wrote:

On 25/07/2022 16:40, Web - KC4WEB wrote:
I use WSJT-X with Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD). WSJT-X sends the log record to HRD and HRD updates the record with the name, locator and other data that it retrieves from QRZ.com (subscription). Good luck.
How do you know that QRZ has the correct up to date locator? Does HRD overside the locator received over the air?

73
Roger
GW4HZA

Jim Shorney

Using this field for a name is incorrect use of the ADIF OPERATOR field. Any Logging system that you upload or import to which look for a valid callsign in this field will barf.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Mon, 25 Jul 2022 07:40:32 +0300
"Reino Talarmo" <reino.talarmo@...> wrote:

In WSJT-X you can add operator's call or name in Reporting tab. There is a box called Op Call: for that purpose. Another possibility is to add it each time operator logs the QSO into the Operator field.

Reino Talarmo

Jim,

Thanks for reminding me about the ADIF rules. So it depends which logging
system is used as the field is just a string.

73, Reino OH3mA

Using this field for a name is incorrect use of the ADIF OPERATOR field. Any
Logging system that you upload or import to which look for a valid callsign
in this field will barf.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Mon, 25 Jul 2022 07:40:32 +0300
"Reino Talarmo" <reino.talarmo@...> wrote:

In WSJT-X you can add operator's call or name in Reporting tab. There is a
box called Op Call: for that purpose. Another possibility is to add it each
time operator logs the QSO into the Operator field.

Dave KD2SGM

Roger,

I also use HRD as my main log. It interfaces with everything I use - WSJT-X, N1MM, etc. To the best of my knowledge HRD only populates the missing fields. A quick check of the manual should verify this.

Dave, KD2SGM