locked Rover Station - New Call on Band Highlighting #adiFiles #logging

Jarred Jackson

I am a rover in VHF contests, so I change grids. When I move to a new grid, I update "My Grid" in the general settings section. However, this does not appear to influence the software's detection of stations that have been worked before. To be useful in the VHF contest, every station should be "New Call on Band" when I first start to decode from the new grid. But this does not seem to be the case. I have received advice about logging software interfaces from other forums, but I still don't understand how to make this work. One option I considered is exporting the cabrillo log, then reset the cabrillo log, then erase the adi file each time I go to a new grid. I don't yet know if logging software like N1MM or N3FJP would have a problem with this or not. Is there something I am missing? Any simpler way of doing this?

Pietro Molina

Jarred,

you can rename adif file with something recalls you the grid or simply
delete it.
All the highlight in WSJT will starts from sketch.

Pietro I2OIM

Il mar 19 lug 2022, 07:46 Jarred Jackson via groups.io <kf2mr=
yahoo.com@groups.io> ha scritto:

I am a rover in VHF contests, so I change grids. When I move to a new
grid, I update "My Grid" in the general settings section. However, this
does not appear to influence the software's detection of stations that have
been worked before. To be useful in the VHF contest, every station should
be "New Call on Band" when I first start to decode from the new grid. But
this does not seem to be the case. I have received advice about logging
software interfaces from other forums, but I still don't understand how to
make this work. One option I considered is exporting the cabrillo log, then
reset the cabrillo log, then erase the adi file each time I go to a new
grid. I don't yet know if logging software like N1MM or N3FJP would have a
problem with this or not. Is there something I am missing? Any simpler way
of doing this?

Reino Talarmo

Hi,
If you are using only WSJT-X, then the simplest method is to rename wsjtx_log.adi to say wsjtx_log_FN21.adi. Close the WSJT-X and open it again and you will get a new wsjtx_log.adi when you log the first QSO in your new grid. You may also just use the Rescan ADIF Log in the Colors tab once you have renamed the wsjtx_log.adi to something else, no closing and opening of WSJT-X needed. You will see just after pressing the Rescan ADIF Log for a while at the bottom line left side information that 0 worked before records created to confirm a new adif.
I think that there is no need to export a Cabrillo log at that time as the grid is recorded ther in any case.
73, Reino OH3mA

I am a rover in VHF contests, so I change grids. When I move to a new grid, I update "My Grid" in the general settings section. However, this does not appear to influence the software's detection of stations that have been worked before. To be useful in the VHF contest, every station should be "New Call on Band" when I first start to decode from the new grid. But this does not seem to be the case. I have received advice about logging software interfaces from other forums, but I still don't understand how to make this work. One option I considered is exporting the cabrillo log, then reset the cabrillo log, then erase the adi file each time I go to a new grid. I don't yet know if logging software like N1MM or N3FJP would have a problem with this or not. Is there something I am missing? Any simpler way of doing this?

Jim Brown

On 7/18/2022 12:57 PM, Jarred Jackson via groups.io wrote:
I am a rover in VHF contests, so I change grids.
I've a fair number of county expeditions on HF, and N1MM is WONDERFUL for keeping track of exchanges, multiple counties and grids, all CW and SSB. I strongly suggest that you start with that, following their instructions to integrate with WSJT-X, which I'm told is excellent.

73, Jim K9YC

Michael Black

Has anybody done an add-on to hook up with a GPS and do the autogrid report to WSJTX?
I plan on adding some GPS support to Hamlib in the future so this could more easily be integrated.
Mike W9MDB