locked FT4 Contest this weekend #ContestMode

I plan on working the RSGB FT4 contest this weekend. I picked the Europe contest file. I assume it will generate my grid square as that is the report for the contest. Is this correct?
*73'S DAVE NU4N*

Dennis W1UE

Dave
If u use wsjt in conjunction with B1MM Logger, there is a contest module
that matches that contest. It’s the RSGB_FT4. Make sure u use the module
with the underscore.

It’s mostly a 20m contest from USA but please get on 40 for a few minutes
to work me there!

Dennis W1UE

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 09:31 Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...>
wrote:

I plan on working the RSGB FT4 contest this weekend. I picked the Europe
contest file. I assume it will generate my grid square as that is the
report for the contest. Is this correct?
*73'S DAVE NU4N*

Dennis W1UE

Dave

If u don’t use the N1MM route, don’t use a contest module. They recommend
using the regular wsjt-x adi file. Just make sure you start a new adi file
before the contest starts.

wrote:

I plan on working the RSGB FT4 contest this weekend. I picked the Europe
contest file. I assume it will generate my grid square as that is the
report for the contest. Is this correct?
*73'S DAVE NU4N*

Martin G0HDB

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 02:31 PM, Dave Tucker Nu4N wrote:

I plan on working the RSGB FT4 contest this weekend. I picked the Europe
contest file. I assume it will generate my grid square as that is the report
for the contest. Is this correct?
*73'S DAVE NU4N*
No Dave, you don't need to use any of WSJT-X's contest formats - just use the bog-standard FT4 format, as explained clearly in Section 3 of the rules for the contest series.

Hope to work you during the 90min contest which runs from 1900 to 2030z on Monday evening.

Martin G0HDB

Ken

What is the bog- standard ?

W8KEN - Ken

On Jul 13, 2022, at 14:56, Martin G0HDB <marting0hdb@...> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 02:31 PM, Dave Tucker Nu4N wrote:

I plan on working the RSGB FT4 contest this weekend. I picked the Europe
contest file. I assume it will generate my grid square as that is the report
for the contest. Is this correct?
*73'S DAVE NU4N*
No Dave, you don't need to use any of WSJT-X's contest formats - just use the bog-standard FT4 format, as explained clearly in Section 3 of the rules for the contest series.

Hope to work you during the 90min contest which runs from 1900 to 2030z on Monday evening.

Martin G0HDB

Thanks Dennis. Appreciate that.

--
*73'S DAVE NU4N*

David Tucker

TNX FOR THE REPLY. GONNA GIVE IT A TRY. 73'S DAVE

On 7/13/2022 10:34 AM, Martin G0HDB wrote:
On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 02:31 PM, Dave Tucker Nu4N wrote:

I plan on working the RSGB FT4 contest this weekend. I picked the Europe
contest file. I assume it will generate my grid square as that is the report
for the contest. Is this correct?
*73'S DAVE NU4N*
No Dave, you don't need to use any of WSJT-X's contest formats - just use the bog-standard FT4 format, as explained clearly in Section 3 of the rules for the contest series.

Hope to work you during the 90min contest which runs from 1900 to 2030z on Monday evening.

73'S DAVE NU4N
--
*73'S DAVE NU4N*

David Tucker

THANKS DENNIS . I JUST CLEARED MY FILE FROM THE LAST CONTEST. GONNA GIVE IT  TRY.

.
--
73'S DAVE NU4N
--

rossedphillips@...

Can you give me a link to the contest rules? I've googled it and looked various places and can't find them.

Ed
W7EDP

Dennis W1UE

Ed

If you're asking about the RSGB FT4 Contest, its actually on Monday
afternoon 1900-2030Z.
You can find the rules at
https://www.rsgbcc.org/hf/rules/2022/r80m_ft4.shtml

I can supply more info if needed. It is a Eurocentric contest, but the
more stations we can get on in the
US the more mults we can generate for our scores.

Dennis W1UE

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 7:33 PM <rossedphillips@...> wrote:

Can you give me a link to the contest rules? I've googled it and looked
various places and can't find them.

Ed
W7EDP

Dave Garber <ve3wej@...>

look at https://www.contestcalendar.com/weeklycont.php

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 7:33 PM <rossedphillips@...> wrote:

Can you give me a link to the contest rules? I've googled it and looked
various places and can't find them.

Ed
W7EDP

William Smith

And follow the link to:

https://www.rsgbcc.org/hf/rules/2022/r80m_ft4.shtml

Note nonstandard frequency (at least on 40M) and 90-minute contest time window.

Unfortunately, that’s mid afternoon in VP5-land, and I usually have no propagation at that time on 40 m.

Still, sounds like fun!

73, Willie VP5WS

On Jul 14, 2022, at 9:56 PM, Dave Garber <ve3wej@...> wrote:

look at https://www.contestcalendar.com/weeklycont.php

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

William Smith

Oops, lookup error, my brain said "That's not a standard FT8 frequency on 40M!" without realizing it's FT4.
40m FT4 is indeed 7.0475 MHz.

Do I get to claim #OffByOneError if it's one (binary) order of magnitude? 🙈

73, Willie VP5WS

And follow the link to: