locked WSJT-X quits sequencing intermittently #decode

Chuck Moore <wd4hxg@...>

A few weeks back I install WSJT-X v2.6.0-rc1 6744bc following
a drive failure. In a few days I noticed an intermittent failure to
perform. Initially I attributed the failure to propagation issues
but in the last few days noticed that ops responding to my calls
were not triggering the sequence to the next response.

As an example, I respond to W1AAA's CQ, He responds to my
call to him, as can be observed on the screen showing,

"<WD4HXG/4> W1AAA -6

Normally my response will be:

"W1AAA <WD4HXG/4> R -3"

but instead my system continues to send my initial call to
W1AAA:
"<WD4HXG/4> W1AAA -6

as though he has not replied.

This is not unique to one call. When I observe this, the only
effective fix is to shut down and reboot the machine.

Help!

Chuck WD4HXG

Pietro Molina

Me too.
Not often (two or three times) since I upgraded I had to set manually WSJT
to use tx3 instead of tx1

Pietro I2OIM

Il giorno mar 5 lug 2022 alle ore 14:08 Chuck Moore via groups.io <wd4hxg=
icloud.com@groups.io> ha scritto:

[...]

Hello PietroThanks for the insight. I never learned which response was the appropriate one, depending on the software to perform that task. Time to set down and watch what is actually happening asopposed to mindlessly going with the software.  :-)RegardsChuck WD4HXGOn Jul 5, 2022, at 8:25 AM, Pietro Molina <pietro@...> wrote:Me too.Not often (two or three times) since I upgraded I had to set manually WSJTto use tx3 instead of tx1Pietro I2OIMIl giorno mar 5 lug 2022 alle ore 14:08 Chuck Moore via groups.io <wd4hxg@...> ha scritto:A few weeks back I install WSJT-X v2.6.0-rc1 6744bc followinga drive failure. In a few days I noticed an intermittent failure toperform. Initially I attributed the failure to propagation issuesbut in the last few days noticed that ops responding to my callswere not triggering the sequence to the next response.As an example, I respond to W1AAA's CQ, He responds to mycall to him, as can be observed on the screen showing, "<WD4HXG/4> W1AAA -6Normally my response will be: "W1AAA <WD4HXG/4> R -3"but instead my system continues to send my initial call toW1AAA: "<WD4HXG/4> W1AAA -6as though he has not replied.This is not unique to one call. When I observe this, the onlyeffective fix is to shut down and reboot the machine.Help!Chuck WD4HXG

Reino Talarmo

Hi Chuck,

It would be interesting to study your All.TXT around those instances. There could some hint what actually happened.

73, Reino OH3mA