locked Windows 11 WSJT-X Installation #windows11

Michael Salmi

Does anyone have the steps for installing WSJT-X 2.5.0 on Windows 11? My rig is an FTDX10. What additional drivers do I need since I can't find USB AUDIO CODEC? Also, how do I select a virtual COM port in WSJT-X > Settings > Audio?

Thanks. I am a long time WSJT-X user on a Mac M1 and Windows 10. Windows 11 is a whole different beast.
--
Mike Salmi, AE4IM

Dave Garber

audio codec drivers would be downloaded from the manufacturer of the radio,
not wsjt. so i would go to yaesu and download it, install it, restart the
computer, then select the audio codec ( which should now show)

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 3:14 PM Michael Salmi via groups.io <mikesalmi=
icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Does anyone have the steps for installing WSJT-X 2.5.0 on Windows 11? My
rig is an FTDX10. What additional drivers do I need since I can't find USB
AUDIO CODEC? Also, how do I select a virtual COM port in WSJT-X > Settings
Audio?
Thanks. I am a long time WSJT-X user on a Mac M1 and Windows 10. Windows
11 is a whole different beast.
--
Mike Salmi, AE4IM

Rick Tavan

What are you using to run Windows 10 and 11 on an M1 Mac? I'm using
Parallels Desktop but haven't been able to access serial ports. I'm using
TCP for rig control. Using PD | Devices, I was able to select USB AUDIO
CODEC from my K4. It receives fine but I'm not getting any audio out to the
rig on transmit.

/Rick N6XI

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 12:14 PM Michael Salmi via groups.io <mikesalmi=
icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Does anyone have the steps for installing WSJT-X 2.5.0 on Windows 11? My
rig is an FTDX10. What additional drivers do I need since I can't find USB
AUDIO CODEC? Also, how do I select a virtual COM port in WSJT-X > Settings
Audio?
Thanks. I am a long time WSJT-X user on a Mac M1 and Windows 10. Windows
11 is a whole different beast.
--
Mike Salmi, AE4IM

Rick Tavan