locked Merging WSJT-X logs #adiFiles


David Ackrill
 

I'm now running 3 instances of WSJT-X. one for my IC-7300, one for my IC-9700 and now one for the recent V2.6.0-rc1 release. I would like to merge the logs on at least two of the instances, the IC-7300 and V260-rc1 entities, as I use both of them on that radio, but it would be nice to merge in the IC-9700 one as well as numerous odd ADI files created by earlier versions and RC releases.

I searched through the messages, using the 'Search' function with various combinations of "log", "merge" and "combine" but couldn't find anything that looked like it would do what I want.

I could cut and paste them all together, but then the entries would be in a random order and there might be duplicates that I'd not spotted, so is there a program or method that will combine several copies of the wsjt_log.adi files together please?

Thanks - Dave (G0DJA)


Michael Black
 

What you can do is use "mklink".

Move or combine your log files into one place -- DO NOT USE ONEDRIVE as it's synchronizing capability is NOT real time at all...Dropbox works without fail and is nigh-on to immediate.  If you are combining files you just need to remove the header from the additional files you combine....just grab the logging records from the additional files.

So...for example do this on first computer

cd \Users\[username]\AppData\Local\WSJTX
move wsjtx_log.adi \Users\[username]\Dropbox\WSJTX
mklink /H wsjtx_log.adi \Users\[username]\Dropbox\WSJTX\wsjtx_log.adi

Then on the 2nd computer
cd \Users\[username]\AppData\Local\WSJTX
mklink /H wsjtx_log.adi \Users\[username]\Dropbox\WSJTX\wsjtx_log.adi

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, June 17, 2022, 07:26:03 AM CDT, David Ackrill <david.ackrill@...> wrote:





I'm now running 3 instances of WSJT-X.  one for my IC-7300, one for my IC-9700 and now one for the recent V2.6.0-rc1 release.  I would like to merge the logs on at least two of the instances, the IC-7300 and V260-rc1 entities, as I use both of them on that radio, but it would be nice to merge in the IC-9700 one as well as numerous odd ADI files created by earlier versions and RC releases.

I searched through the messages, using the 'Search' function with various combinations of "log", "merge" and "combine" but couldn't find anything that looked like it would do what I want.

I could cut and paste them all together, but then the entries would be in a random order and there might be duplicates that I'd not spotted, so is there a program or method that will combine several copies of the wsjt_log.adi files together please?

Thanks - Dave (G0DJA)


David Ackrill
 

I'm using 1 computer and I'm not really wanting to do it in real time, just combine 2 or more copies of wsjx_log.adi into one file.

I thought ADIF master might do it, but I need to dig into it a bit as I got an error on Q65 contacts, so I added it to the list, but need to go back and re-merge the files again and I'm not sure how to avoid duplicating records when re-merging log files in a few days time..

I guess cut and paste will have to do for now, but it gets a bit tedious figuring out which are new records in each adi file to try to avoid duplicates. i guess duplicate records are not a problem, until the log file gets a bit too large.


Ed Stratton
 

Why not upload to LOTW to combine logs? Then use a date sort in LOTW to
bring out the combined .adi’s. ?

W1zz

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 1:17 PM David Ackrill <david.ackrill@...>
wrote:

I'm using 1 computer and I'm not really wanting to do it in real time,
just combine 2 or more copies of wsjx_log.adi into one file.

I thought ADIF master might do it, but I need to dig into it a bit as I
got an error on Q65 contacts, so I added it to the list, but need to go
back and re-merge the files again and I'm not sure how to avoid duplicating
records when re-merging log files in a few days time..

I guess cut and paste will have to do for now, but it gets a bit tedious
figuring out which are new records in each adi file to try to avoid
duplicates. i guess duplicate records are not a problem, until the log
file gets a bit too large.





--
73, Ed
W1ZZ
w1zzham@...
http://www.qrz.com/db/W1ZZ


Dave Garber
 

Could also have each occurrence send to a compatible free logging program.
I have 3 wsjtx running 2 slices via slicemaster 1 not. All going into
jtalert x 3 and sending to log4om. Then they can be setup to upload to lotw
eqsl and or clublog..

Jtalert wiuld tell you b4 based on entries in the one log file


sent via LG hand held device

On Fri., Jun. 17, 2022, 1:22 p.m. Ed Stratton, <w1zzham@...> wrote:

Why not upload to LOTW to combine logs? Then use a date sort in LOTW to
bring out the combined .adi’s. ?

W1zz

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 1:17 PM David Ackrill <david.ackrill@...>
wrote:

I'm using 1 computer and I'm not really wanting to do it in real time,
just combine 2 or more copies of wsjx_log.adi into one file.

I thought ADIF master might do it, but I need to dig into it a bit as I
got an error on Q65 contacts, so I added it to the list, but need to go
back and re-merge the files again and I'm not sure how to avoid
duplicating
records when re-merging log files in a few days time..

I guess cut and paste will have to do for now, but it gets a bit tedious
figuring out which are new records in each adi file to try to avoid
duplicates. i guess duplicate records are not a problem, until the log
file gets a bit too large.





--
73, Ed
W1ZZ
w1zzham@...
http://www.qrz.com/db/W1ZZ






David Ackrill
 

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 10:22 AM, Ed Stratton wrote:


Why not upload to LOTW to combine logs?
Because I don't use LoTW or eQSL, so not an option.

I use VQLog as my main logging program but I would like to combine the wsjtx_log.adi files into one file so that each instance knows what has already been worked. At the moment, every time I install a new version, or have two instances for each radio, the logs are out of sync, so the program highlites stations I've already worked and squares that I've worked on another instance, but the same band.


David Ackrill
 

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 10:17 AM, David Ackrill wrote:


I got an error on Q65 contacts
I managed to cure that by adding Q65 to the list of modes. Someone suggested updating ADIF Master, but I already have the latest issue loaded.