locked Time setting programs #Timesync

Kai-KE4PT

Dear developers,
Please do not include any code into WSJT-X that would require it to be run with administrator privileges.
This especially includes code that sets or re-sets the computer clock.
Thanks,
Kai Siwiak, KE4PT

Tim Dawson

If this was in response to my suggestion, then I was not clear . . . I suggested providing NTP in the WSJTX *distribution* package, not the *INSTALLER*. They would be different packages with different installation issues, but would both be in a known-good config/version from the get-go.

As far as timekeeping, I cannot think of any platform where that is not a system level/priviledge function . . . including Windows . . . so considering the maturity and security inherent in NTP (coupled with firewalls), that should be a non-issue.

- Tim