locked Using WSJTx with a special call #decode

Phil Cooper

Hi all,

We are now using the special event call of GB70U from Guernsey, and when I set the callsign to GB70U, the grid is not transmitted at all.
Even if I sent Tx5 to send CQ GB70U IN89, it still only send CQ GB70U.

Is there a way to get the grid sent?

It would be useful for us to be able to send the grid, so that PSKReporter etc can pick up the call.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Charles Suckling

Hi Phil

Looks like no, and the limitation about PSK reporter is known.

See User Guide section 7.5

73

Charlie DL3WDG

On Thu, 2 Jun 2022 at 09:53, Phil Cooper via groups.io <pcooper=
suremail.gg@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all,

We are now using the special event call of GB70U from Guernsey, and when I
set the callsign to GB70U, the grid is not transmitted at all.
Even if I sent Tx5 to send CQ GB70U IN89, it still only send CQ GB70U.

Is there a way to get the grid sent?

It would be useful for us to be able to send the grid, so that PSKReporter
etc can pick up the call.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Phil Cooper

Hello Charlie,

OK, that is what I thought, but wondered if things had been updated since the help file was created.

Oh well, it is not a big deal, but would have been nice.

Very best 73

Phil GU0SUP

suremail.gg@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all,

We are now using the special event call of GB70U from Guernsey, and when I
set the callsign to GB70U, the grid is not transmitted at all.
Even if I sent Tx5 to send CQ GB70U IN89, it still only send CQ GB70U.

Is there a way to get the grid sent?

It would be useful for us to be able to send the grid, so that PSKReporter
etc can pick up the call.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

William Smith

It’s part of the (compression, ECC, etc) protocol, changing it is easy but then it’s not FT8 any more.

73, Willie N1JBJ

On Jun 2, 2022, at 8:30 AM, Phil Cooper via groups.io <pcooper@...> wrote:

wondered if things had been updated since the help file was created.

Joe Subich, W4TV

Phil,

With a non-standard callsign, you can not send the grid. I've
seen other non-standard callsign users substitute a free text
message <CALLSIGN> <GRID> for the CQ message periodically.

The problem is that non-standard callsigns can not be encoded
and must be transmitted as free text (see the discussion in
the on-line users guide).

73,

... Joe, W4TV