locked Use of hardware com port 1 causes WSJT-X to throw and error... #wsjt-x-crashing

NO9B

Hi Dave:
The computer com port is 1 being used by the Rotor, the WSJT-x/Radio com port is 6.
Thanks
Steve

Dave Garber

what port are you using in wsjt for cat control and ptt ( the usb port )
and is it different than com1

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 12:10 AM NO9B <no9b@...> wrote:

Good Day:
I didn't see a solution for this topic.
I have tried using PSTRotator and DXSuite-DXView to control my rotor using
COM port 1 which is a DB9 on the back of the computer, the radio is an
IC7300 plugged in using the USB cable.
If I bring up the rotor program and command it to move the rotor WSJT-X
will crash asking me to reconnect which I cannot.
The only way I can get WSJT-X to connect to the radio again is to reboot
the computer.
Killing the offending program doesn't help.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Steve

NO9B