locked Testing JT9 and sub modes and speeds KN4FLO #JT9


 

05/23/2022 20:52 UTC.

In the coming hours and days I will be testing some JT9 sub modes and faster transmit speeds. I will update once I have things setup and will see how things go after that. It will be on the 10 meter frequency of 28.140. I know the bandwidth limitations and will be seeing how well some of the sub modes do with the different speeds. Thanks, KN4FLO, 73.


 

05/24/2022 00:46 UTC. I am testing JT9 with the following settings: TX and RX 1500 HZ, T/R 15 s, Submode E, Sync -1, F Tol 1000. I also have fast selected and leaving the Tx CQ unchecked. I am calling on the even and I am on 10 Meter, 28.140. Just in case anyone is interested. Thanks, KN4FLO, 73.


 

05/24/2022 01:59 UTC. I am going to change only the speed and go to 15 s. Everything else will stay the same. I will slowly make the speeds faster to see how that does. TNX, KN4FLO, 73.


Joe Subich, W4TV
 

*DO NOT* use JT9H (Fast) as that mode has a maximum shift greater
than the 1000Hz permitted on 10 Meters in Part 97.307(f)(4)

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-05-23 10:00 PM, James Buie wrote:
05/23/2022 01:59 UTC. I am going to change only the speed and go to 15 s. Everything else will stay the same. I will slowly make the speeds faster to see how that does. TNX, KN4FLO, 73.


 

Thank You Joe, W4TV. I was only going to stick with the submode E and maybe F and then reduce the seconds down to 10 or 5. Actually, here shortly I am going to wrap things up for the night and try it again tomorrow when I have more time to try it out. TNX, KN4FLO. James, 73.


 

05/24/2022 03:26 UTC. I am calling it quits for the night. I will update again tomorrow when I have more time to do the testing. Only had a short time tonight for testing. TNX to anyone who tried to hear me or tried to reply. KN4FLO, James, 73.


Bobby Chandler
 

James,

My screen for JT9 doesn't have these settings, only TX and RX. Using v 2.5.4. ???

Bobby/N4AU

--
n4au@...
n4au@...


David AD4TJ
 

Click on File, Settings; under General, check Enable VHF and submode features. Voila! There they are.
David AD4TJ

On Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 06:21:55 AM EDT, Bobby Chandler <n4au@...> wrote:

James,

My screen for JT9 doesn't have these settings, only TX and RX. Using v
2.5.4. ???

Bobby/N4AU

--
n4au@...
  n4au@...


Mike Chace-Ortiz
 

Nothing heard here in FN43 Maine

Keep it up though. Love the experimental spirit!

73
—mco
AB1TZ

On May 23, 2022, at 22:40, James Buie <ars.kn4flo@...> wrote:

05/24/2022 01:59 UTC. I am going to change only the speed and go to 15 s. Everything else will stay the same. I will slowly make the speeds faster to see how that does. TNX, KN4FLO, 73.





EA7QL
 

I cannot set the submode to E, only A, B, C and D. These two values I
cannot set: Submode E, Sync -1

Emilio, EA7QL.

El mar, 24 may 2022 a las 4:40, James Buie (<ars.kn4flo@...>)
escribió:

05/24/2022 00:46 UTC. I am testing JT9 with the following settings: TX and
RX 1500 HZ, T/R 15 s, Submode E, Sync -1, F Tol 1000. I also have fast
selected and leaving the Tx CQ unchecked. I am calling on the even and I am
on 10 Meter, 28.140. Just in case anyone is interested. Thanks, KN4FLO, 73.






 

Check the box that says Fast. Then it shows up. TNX. KN4FLO. 73

On Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 09:23:18 AM EDT, EA7QL <emilio.ea7ql@...> wrote:

I cannot set the submode to E, only A, B, C and D. These two values I
cannot set: Submode E, Sync -1

Emilio, EA7QL.

El mar, 24 may 2022 a las 4:40, James Buie (<ars.kn4flo@...>)
escribió:

05/24/2022 00:46 UTC. I am testing JT9 with the following settings: TX and
RX 1500 HZ, T/R 15 s, Submode E, Sync -1, F Tol 1000. I also have fast
selected and leaving the Tx CQ unchecked. I am calling on the even and I am
on 10 Meter, 28.140. Just in case anyone is interested. Thanks, KN4FLO, 73.






 

05/24/2022 13:34 UTC. I am back transmitting. My settings are as follows: JT9 Submode E, TX/RX 700, F Tol 1000, T/R 15 s, Sync -1. TNX to anyone listening or replying. KN4FLO, 73.


 

CQ Even. KN4FLO.


 

I am using the 10M frequency of 28.140. KN4FLO.


EA7QL
 

I am now QRV. Start TX to see if I receive you.

73. EA7QL.

El mar, 24 may 2022 a las 15:36, James Buie (<ars.kn4flo@...>)
escribió:

05/24/2022 13:34 UTC. I am back transmitting. My settings are as follows:
JT9 Submode E, TX/RX 700, F Tol 1000, T/R 15 s, Sync -1. TNX to anyone
listening or replying. KN4FLO, 73.





--
Saludos de Emilio, EA7QL.


 

Thank You EA7QL. I am transmitting. KN4FLO, 73.

On Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 09:49:44 AM EDT, EA7QL <emilio.ea7ql@...> wrote:

I am now QRV. Start TX to see if I receive you.

73. EA7QL.

El mar, 24 may 2022 a las 15:36, James Buie (<ars.kn4flo@...>)
escribió:

05/24/2022 13:34 UTC. I am back transmitting. My settings are as follows:
JT9 Submode E, TX/RX 700, F Tol 1000, T/R 15 s, Sync -1. TNX to anyone
listening or replying. KN4FLO, 73.





--
Saludos de Emilio, EA7QL.


EA7QL
 

I am transmitting with 50 watts.

El mar, 24 may 2022 a las 15:51, James Buie (<ars.kn4flo@...>)
escribió:

Thank You EA7QL. I am transmitting. KN4FLO, 73.
On Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 09:49:44 AM EDT, EA7QL <
emilio.ea7ql@...> wrote:

I am now QRV. Start TX to see if I receive you.

73. EA7QL.

El mar, 24 may 2022 a las 15:36, James Buie (<ars.kn4flo@...>)
escribió:

05/24/2022 13:34 UTC. I am back transmitting. My settings are as follows:
JT9 Submode E, TX/RX 700, F Tol 1000, T/R 15 s, Sync -1. TNX to anyone
listening or replying. KN4FLO, 73.





--
Saludos de Emilio, EA7QL.











--
Saludos de Emilio, EA7QL.


 

I am transmitting with 35 watts. KN4FLO, 73.

On Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 09:55:38 AM EDT, EA7QL <emilio.ea7ql@...> wrote:

I am transmitting with 50 watts.

El mar, 24 may 2022 a las 15:51, James Buie (<ars.kn4flo@...>)
escribió:

  Thank You EA7QL. I am transmitting. KN4FLO, 73.
    On Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 09:49:44 AM EDT, EA7QL <
emilio.ea7ql@...> wrote:

  I am now QRV. Start TX to see if I receive you.

73. EA7QL.

El mar, 24 may 2022 a las 15:36, James Buie (<ars.kn4flo@...>)
escribió:

05/24/2022 13:34 UTC. I am back transmitting. My settings are as follows:
JT9 Submode E, TX/RX 700, F Tol 1000, T/R 15 s, Sync -1. TNX to anyone
listening or replying. KN4FLO, 73.





--
Saludos de Emilio, EA7QL.











--
Saludos de Emilio, EA7QL.


 

05/24/2022 14:01 UTC. I am receiving no signals at this time. Going to switch to Submode F and see if that helps any. Everything else stays the same. KN4FLO, 73.


EA7QL
 

I have made 10 transmissions in the odd period and another 10 in the even
period and I see that you do not receive me and I do not receive anything
either.

I am QRV.

El mar, 24 may 2022 a las 15:58, James Buie (<ars.kn4flo@...>)
escribió:

I am transmitting with 35 watts. KN4FLO, 73.
On Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 09:55:38 AM EDT, EA7QL <
emilio.ea7ql@...> wrote:

I am transmitting with 50 watts.

El mar, 24 may 2022 a las 15:51, James Buie (<ars.kn4flo@...>)
escribió:

Thank You EA7QL. I am transmitting. KN4FLO, 73.
On Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 09:49:44 AM EDT, EA7QL <
emilio.ea7ql@...> wrote:

I am now QRV. Start TX to see if I receive you.

73. EA7QL.

El mar, 24 may 2022 a las 15:36, James Buie (<ars.kn4flo@...>)
escribió:

05/24/2022 13:34 UTC. I am back transmitting. My settings are as
follows:
JT9 Submode E, TX/RX 700, F Tol 1000, T/R 15 s, Sync -1. TNX to anyone
listening or replying. KN4FLO, 73.





--
Saludos de Emilio, EA7QL.











--
Saludos de Emilio, EA7QL.











--
Saludos de Emilio, EA7QL.