locked FT8 Receive Problem #FT8

Bud WB2AUV

I am running FT8 with an ICOM 7300 an a Mac computer. After opening WSJTX, I am able to receive calls, but when I try a QSO, no one responds to repeated calls. I am sending up to 30W. I can see incoming signals on my waterfall. Where do I set transmit frequency? What is my problem?

WB2AUV

Panos

Hi, after cq'ing for a time lets say 10-15 minutes please have a look in the www.pskreporter.info if your callsign is there. For transmit frequency find an empty place in te waterfall 73

Michael Black

Check to make sure your clock is accurate
https://time.is/

Mike W9MDB

Using time.is <http://time.is/> shows computer time to be within .049 sec.Is there a program I can install to make the MAC auto adjust to time?

On May 15, 2022, at 1:57 PM, Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

Check to make sure your clock is accurate
https://time.is/

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, May 15, 2022, 12:47:59 PM CDT, Bud WB2AUV <wb2auvski@...> wrote:

I am running FT8 with an ICOM 7300 an a Mac computer. After opening WSJTX, I am able to receive calls, but when I try a QSO, no one responds to repeated calls. I am sending up to 30W. I can see incoming signals on my waterfall. Where do I set transmit frequency? What is my problem?

WB2AUV

Gary Rogers

I use ChronyControl on my MacBook Pro:

https://www.whatroute.net/chronycontrol.html

Gary KO3F

On May 15, 2022, at 2:59 PM, Bud WB2AUV <wb2auvski@...> wrote:

Using time.is <http://time.is/> <http://time.is/> shows computer time to be within .049 sec.Is there a program I can install to make the MAC auto adjust to time?

On May 15, 2022, at 1:57 PM, Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

Check to make sure your clock is accurate
https://time.is/

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, May 15, 2022, 12:47:59 PM CDT, Bud WB2AUV <wb2auvski@...> wrote:

I am running FT8 with an ICOM 7300 an a Mac computer. After opening WSJTX, I am able to receive calls, but when I try a QSO, no one responds to repeated calls. I am sending up to 30W. I can see incoming signals on my waterfall. Where do I set transmit frequency? What is my problem?

WB2AUV

Mike Chace-Ortiz

Afternoon Gary

I’ve done nothing other than rely on the standard time sync (System Preferences->Date & Time) and set “Set date and time automatically" using the default service (time.apple.com <http://time.apple.com/>) on all my machines to be within 0.1 or 0.2 seconds of what time.is <http://time.is/> reports.

You don’t need software if you are already at less than that!

73
—mco
AB1TZ

On May 15, 2022, at 11:11 PM, Gary Rogers <cgaryrogers190@...> wrote:

[...]

For the longest time, I never needed any time sync software. I could just switch Apple time locations and it would be right on the money. But once I upgraded a while back (I forget whether it was Big Sur or the one before), I couldn’t stay synced being out well over one second. That’s when I installed chrony control and haven’t had a problem since.