locked HAMLIB with Kenwood 2000 #hamlib

David Tucker

I was trying to use my Kenwood 2000 with ACLOG. My settings are 9600 8N2. But I keep getting an error not connected.
Any help would be appreciated.
*73'S DAVE NU4N*

Jamie GOLLY

Hi Dave, make sure the 2000 is on the main band, not sub band. It happened to me.

Jamie
K6NGN

On May 6, 2022, at 3:36 PM, David Tucker <nu4ndave@...> wrote:

I was trying to use my Kenwood 2000 with ACLOG. My settings are 9600 8N2. But I keep getting an error not connected.
Any help would be appreciated.
*73'S DAVE NU4N*

Yes Jamie I am on the main dial. I never been able to use HAMLIB. What I want to do is let WSTX-X interface with My ACLOG for contests that use digital. My settings as I said is 9600 8N2 with com 6 as rig control.

Tnx for the reply Jamie maybe I will figure it out. Lot's contests this weekend. 73's

--
Tnx 73's de NU4N Dave
--

Well Jamie I gave it one more try. Still no connection use hamlib with ACLOG. Surely there is a way otherwise the Kenwood would not be in rig settings of WSJT-x.

On 5/6/2022 7:43 PM, Dave Tucker Nu4N wrote:
[...]

Dave Garber

does aclog at 9600 match what is in the menu for the ts2000. they need to
match

and make sure not only main band, but be in vfo mode

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, May 6, 2022 at 6:36 PM David Tucker <nu4ndave@...> wrote:

I was trying to use my Kenwood 2000 with ACLOG. My settings are 9600 8N2.
But I keep getting an error not connected.
Any help would be appreciated.
*73'S DAVE NU4N*

Jamie GOLLY

Dave, send me screenshots of what you have direct to my email.

Jamie
k6ngn@...

On May 6, 2022, at 6:13 PM, Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:

[...]

Reino Talarmo

Just a thought, how are you connected aclog , TS2000 and wssjt-x together? If you are trying to share com port with aclog and TS2000, then you have found the reason as it is impossible. There has been a lot of discussion on this mailing list about it. I don't have aclog nor TS2000, so can't give further advice.
73, Reino OH3mA

[...]

Got it working this morning !!! Using ACLOG as rig control. Picked NO RIG USB VOX and Fake it as Jamie suggested.

Thanks to everyone for the help

73's Dave NU4N

On 5/7/2022 1:13 AM, Reino Talarmo wrote:
[...]

Sam Birnbaum

Hi Dave,
Just an FYI, if WSJT-X is already controlling the rig (any rig), there is never a need for a logging program to control the rig.The logging program receives all the needed frequency/band, mode data either directly or through a WSJT-X companion programs such as JTAlert.
73,
Sam W2JDB

[...]

Michael Black

Never say never -- there are uses for frequency in logging programs.  Log4OM for example will show propagation information for the band.
I use FLRig as the rig controller on my Apache 7000DLE MKII as a PowerSDR rigWSJTX connects to FLRig (I can also run JTDX side by side)Log4OM connects to FLRig via rigctld (built in to Log4OM)I have another utility that connects directly to FLRigFlDigi connects to FLRigCW SKimmer connects to rigctlcom as a TS-2000 (which in turn connects to FLRig)
All programs run simultaneously and all can control the rig.  That's 6 programs all talking to the at once.
Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, May 7, 2022, 06:49:28 AM CDT, Sam Birnbaum via groups.io <w2jdb@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Mike,
I think you should re-read what I wrote.
As to your comment : "there are uses for frequency in logging programs.  Log4OM for example will show propagation information for the band."It doesn't matter how your logging program is getting that data, whether from the rig itself or another source be it WSJT-X directly through UDP messages or another program, it still gets it.The last thing I would want is to inadvertently change the frequency or mode in the logging program affecting the rig and thereby affect the operation of WSJT-X. In my own logging program I have the option of being connected to the rig while WSJT-X is running, but all function such as frequency/mode/vfo changes are disabled to preclude unwanted mistakes.I rarely run it this way. While my program interacts with WSJT-X directly, I just disconnect it from the rig and receive all needed frequency and mode data from WSJT-X.
As they say, to each their own.
73,
  Sam W2JDB