locked Three character call sign in WSPR? #WSPR

Bruce KX4AZ

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 04:15 PM, Ron wrote:
I guess I should have added - are you talking about special event 1x1
callsigns?
Yes, 1x1 call signs, such as the one I am currently working with, N1D. I have several queries about this posted on WSPR-related forums, and I surmise it may simply turn out to be a flaw in the current client decoder. It is interesting that a 1x1 call sign works fine for uploading spots and sending WSPR transmissions....but only certain (probably very old) clients will DECODE a 1x1 call sign, such as the one built into the KiwiSDR. The simplest workaround may be to use a compound call sign, such as N1D/KD4QHB.

Ron

I guess I should have added - are you talking about special event 1x1
callsigns?

Ron - KJ5XX

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022, 1:55 PM Bruce KX4AZ <bruce@...> wrote:

I'm trying to operate a WSPR beacon for a special event station (N1D). It
appears that the decoder in WSJT-x does not accept the use of a three
letter call sign. The only spots I am getting are from (older?) decoders
such as what is built into a KiwiSDR receiver. Wonder if this limitation
is documented anywhere? Of course, the workaround would be to append a
special suffix to the call sign.

William Smith

I kinda thought he was talking about N1D, as per the first line of his original missive...

73, Willie N1JBJ

On Apr 19, 2022, at 3:53 PM, Ron <ron@...> wrote:

What do you mean by a "three letter callsign".

Are you talking about a 1 by three or a two by three such as:

K5OXM
or
KL7ETX?

An example would be helpful.

[...]

Actually, according to https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1200310/Creating-WSPR-Message-in-Cplusplus you can prepend a space, noting that the third character must be numeric. I hope that's not just for this particular code, but give it a try...

73, Willie N1JBJ