locked measuring sun noise #JT65

Richard Van Doel

I am running an ICOM 9700, WSJT-X 2.3.4, Windows 10. I am trying to measure sun noise. The WSJT-10 online user manual states:
Choose Measure from the mode menu and activate Monitor to perform measurements of relative noise power from your receiver. The system will record audio for one second, compute the level of noise power, and display the result in dB relative to WSJT’s standard level. This cycle is repeated every 2 seconds, with the results plotted as a green line and summary data displayed in the decoded text window. You can use this mode to measure sun noise, antenna temperature, ground noise, preamp gain, and a host of other useful quantities relative to a chosen reference level. Be sure to disable the receiver AGC if you intend to use the mode for quantitative measurements. It would also be wise to make some test measurements (for example, using a calibrated attenuator) to confirm that the reported dB readings are reliable in your system as configured

In my mode menu there is no option to choose Measure. This must be an obvious answer, but I don't seem to be able to find it. Any guidance on where this feature might be?

Rick

Michael Black

Measure mode is part of WSJT-10 -- not WSJT-X.
Mike W9MDB