locked lost my WSJTX logbook #logging

w5pwh@...

Good morning all!
I accidentally erased my logbook on WSJTX
now when i am on ft8 it is look starting over
Please tell me there is a way to get my past logbook back
Dan
W5PWH

neil_zampella <neilz@...>

If you have access to another log (local program like DXKeeper, ACLog,
etc), or you upload to QRZ or the like, you can export an ADIF file and
rename it to the wsjtx_log.adi filename.

However, did you check the 'trash can' in Windows.    If you used the
Windows file dialog to delete the file, it will probably still be in the
trash.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 3/25/2022 11:59 AM, w5pwh via groups.io wrote:
Good morning all!
I accidentally erased my logbook on WSJTX
now when i am on ft8 it is look starting over
Please tell me there is a way to get my past logbook back
Dan
W5PWH

Michael Black

If you don't have a backup (which you should try to do in the future) looks like your QRZ logbook would get you close at least.

You've got 1934 QSOs on there.
Go to your logbook and click Settings -- you'll then see an ADIF Import/Export section where you can export your logbook.

I think you may have to change the header though for WSJT-X.

Mike

On Friday, March 25, 2022, 12:20:31 PM CDT, w5pwh via groups.io <w5pwh@...> wrote:

Good morning all!
I accidentally erased my logbook on WSJTX
now when i am on ft8 it is look starting over
Please tell me there is a way to get my past logbook back
Dan
W5PWH

Dennis Wage <dwage@...>

As a follow up to this question. How much faster would a large WSJT-X adi
file be if you removed all the unnecessary fields? Is it worth it to remove
all but the 3 or 4 needed?

The *WSJT-X* ADIF file records must contain the "CALL" field. The "BAND",
and "MODE", and "GRIDSQUARE" fields are optional depending on your DXing
objectives. DXCC entity, continent, CQ, and ITU Zone data for call prefixes
and certain well known overrides are derived from the cty.dat database
which is bundled with *WSJT-X* (See Logging
<https://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.4.0-rc4.html#LOGGING>
for
details).

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Good morning all!
I accidentally erased my logbook on WSJTX
now when i am on ft8 it is look starting over
Please tell me there is a way to get my past logbook back
Dan
W5PWH

Michael Black

Not much.  Parsing is pretty fast.

Mike W9MDB

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Good morning all!
I accidentally erased my logbook on WSJTX
now when i am on ft8 it is look starting over
Please tell me there is a way to get my past logbook back
Dan
W5PWH

Eugene Morgan

I was able to rebuild my WSJT-X log by using my QRZ log book. I exported my log book and pull out all of my digital QSO's along with only the fields that WSJT-X uses. Of course I did this using some simple code that I wrote but I think it would also be possible using Excel.

I also don't see any reason you couldn't use and export from LOTW but I have to admit I've not do it using an LoTW ADI file.