locked not decoding, again #decode #Icom


Steve Lenaghan <steve.lenaghan@...>
 

I have reverted to 2.2.2 It is more stable on my HP EliteDesk 800G Cat commands are fine

BUT!

It is not decoding, waterfall is showing, sync is spot on, firewall is allowed for app.

App volume and device pref. sees WSJT-X and JT Alert and shows the right device. Same problem with or without JT alert

I had this problem before, but that machine ate its second motherboard and is no longer with us. I'm sure I had WSJTX running on this machine

73 Steve VE5SR


Ron
 

What time syncronization app are you using? Are you certain that the time
on your PC has recently updated when this problem occurs?

de Ron - KJ5XX

On Sat, Mar 19, 2022, 6:49 PM Steve Lenaghan <steve.lenaghan@...>
wrote:

I have reverted to 2.2.2 It is more stable on my HP EliteDesk 800G Cat
commands are fine

BUT!

It is not decoding, waterfall is showing, sync is spot on, firewall is
allowed for app.

App volume and device pref. sees WSJT-X and JT Alert and shows the right
device. Same problem with or without JT alert

I had this problem before, but that machine ate its second motherboard and
is no longer with us. I'm sure I had WSJTX running on this machine

73 Steve VE5SR






Steve Lenaghan <steve.lenaghan@...>
 

I'm using Dimension 4, it is keeping within half a second

Steve


Reino Talarmo
 

Hi Steve,
Unfortunately Dimension 4 is using a simple time correction method that corrects the PC time in jumps. Each bigger jump destroys with a high probability on-going decoding. On the other hand that should not cause a continuous loss of decoding unless there are two time correction programs that fight each other.

Many users have used with success Meinberg NTP. It seems to work very well "install and forget". It uses a smooth time correction without any jumps. In my computers time error seems to be within 10 ms almost all time.

As noted your decoding problem may not be not only time issue, but e.g. RFI.

73, Reino OH3mA

-----Original Message-----
From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Lenaghan
Sent: 21. maaliskuutata 2022 0:06
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] not decoding, again #decode #Icom

I'm using Dimension 4, it is keeping within half a second

Steve


Michael Black
 

The one thing to know is that the screen after you see it installing the software you need to click the pulldown menu to select your country.Otherwise Meinberg will silently fail.  Lots of people just keep clicking "Next" and skip past it.
Mike W9MDB

On Monday, March 21, 2022, 12:35:56 AM CDT, Reino Talarmo <reino.talarmo@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,
Unfortunately Dimension 4 is using a simple time correction method that corrects the PC time in jumps. Each bigger jump destroys with a high probability on-going decoding. On the other hand that should not cause a continuous loss of decoding unless there are two time correction programs that fight each other.

Many users have used with success Meinberg NTP. It seems to work very well "install and forget". It uses a smooth time correction without any jumps. In my computers time error seems to be within 10 ms almost all time.

As noted your decoding problem may not be not only time issue, but e.g. RFI.

73, Reino OH3mA

-----Original Message-----
From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Lenaghan
Sent: 21. maaliskuutata 2022 0:06
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] not decoding, again #decode #Icom

I'm using Dimension 4, it is keeping within half a second

Steve


Steve Lenaghan <steve.lenaghan@...>
 

Not sure how RFI would be an issue and this is a receive function

Steve


Roger Shultz
 

Yesterday I saw this post by accident then oddly the same condition occurred on my HP laptop. I was seeing lots of activity on the waterfall but no decodes.
I checked to see if time was a problem and Net Time which I use disappeared possibly due to the Windows 10 nanny's at work? I reloaded Net Time and found the laptop was off by over 6 seconds!
Once I updated it everything was fine and still is.
Roger


Dave Garber
 

I use slicemaster to load my wsjt, and find that its mode is set to ft4,
when I have ft8 frequency. so check your moide in wsjt

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 6:11 PM Roger Shultz via groups.io <nj2r=
verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Yesterday I saw this post by accident then oddly the same condition
occurred on my HP laptop. I was seeing lots of activity on the waterfall
but no decodes.
I checked to see if time was a problem and Net Time which I use
disappeared possibly due to the Windows 10 nanny's at work? I reloaded Net
Time and found the laptop was off by over 6 seconds!
Once I updated it everything was fine and still is.
Roger