locked WSJT-x ADIF #adiFiles


K2HJB@...
 

This box pops up every time I boot up the program :
Error Scanning ADIF log
Invalid ADIF header

In settings when I try to Rescan ADIF log, same message. Any suggestions ?
Thank Hank K2HJB


Martin G0HDB
 

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 08:56 PM, <K2HJB@...> wrote:

This box pops up every time I boot up the program :
Error Scanning ADIF log
Invalid ADIF header

In settings when I try to Rescan ADIF log, same message. Any suggestions ?
Thank Hank K2HJB
https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/message/18574

--
Martin G0HDB


Jim Shorney
 

You have a very old version that has a bug. You need to keep up with the latest version.

73

-Jim
NU0C


On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 11:04:57 -0700
K2HJB@... wrote:

This box pops up every time I boot up the program :
Error Scanning ADIF log
Invalid ADIF header

In settings when I try to Rescan ADIF log, same message. Any suggestions ?
Thank Hank K2HJB





Martin G0HDB
 

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 10:54 PM, Jim Shorney wrote:

You have a very old version that has a bug. You need to keep up with the
latest version.
Simply upgrading to the latest version won't correct the error in the wsjtx_log.adi file's header unless the file is deleted so that the software creates a new file with the correct header. If you want to retain an existing wsjtx_log.adi file that has the error in the header then it's necessary to edit the file to correct the error, ie. by changing the erroneous <eh> to the correct <eoh>.

--
Martin G0HDB


Henry
 

I’m running the latest version of WSJT
Where do I find that file ( eh-eoh) to change ? I’m not a computer guru so If it’s complicated, I’ll live with it. Thanks Hank

On Mar 13, 2022, at 7:34 PM, Martin G0HDB <marting0hdb@...> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 10:54 PM, Jim Shorney wrote:

You have a very old version that has a bug. You need to keep up with the
latest version.
Simply upgrading to the latest version won't correct the error in the wsjtx_log.adi file's header unless the file is deleted so that the software creates a new file with the correct header. If you want to retain an existing wsjtx_log.adi file that has the error in the header then it's necessary to edit the file to correct the error, ie. by changing the erroneous <eh> to the correct <eoh>.

--
Martin G0HDB





Reino Talarmo
 

Hi Hank,

No problem. In WSJT-X select in File menu "Open log directory" and you will be in the correct directory. Locate wsjtx_log.adi file and open it using any text editor such as Notepad. You should see on the first line something like "WSJT-X ADIF Export<eh>". Change the <eh> into <eoh> and save the file. At the next WSJT-X invocation all should be fine again.

73, Reino OH3mA

-----Original Message-----
From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Henry
Sent: 14. maaliskuutata 2022 2:04
To: main@wsjtx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] WSJT-x ADIF #adiFiles

I’m running the latest version of WSJT
Where do I find that file ( eh-eoh) to change ? I’m not a computer guru so If it’s complicated, I’ll live with it. Thanks Hank

On Mar 13, 2022, at 7:34 PM, Martin G0HDB <marting0hdb@...> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 10:54 PM, Jim Shorney wrote:

You have a very old version that has a bug. You need to keep up with
the latest version.
Simply upgrading to the latest version won't correct the error in the wsjtx_log.adi file's header unless the file is deleted so that the software creates a new file with the correct header. If you want to retain an existing wsjtx_log.adi file that has the error in the header then it's necessary to edit the file to correct the error, ie. by changing the erroneous <eh> to the correct <eoh>.

--
Martin G0HDB





Henry
 

Hello Reino
Thank you for taking the time to explain how to get to the file. I have made the change and issue solved! Thank you ! 73s Hank K2HJB

On Mar 14, 2022, at 6:22 AM, Reino Talarmo <reino.talarmo@...> wrote:

Hi Hank,

No problem. In WSJT-X select in File menu "Open log directory" and you will be in the correct directory. Locate wsjtx_log.adi file and open it using any text editor such as Notepad. You should see on the first line something like "WSJT-X ADIF Export<eh>". Change the <eh> into <eoh> and save the file. At the next WSJT-X invocation all should be fine again.

73, Reino OH3mA

-----Original Message-----
From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Henry
Sent: 14. maaliskuutata 2022 2:04
To: main@wsjtx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] WSJT-x ADIF #adiFiles

I’m running the latest version of WSJT
Where do I find that file ( eh-eoh) to change ? I’m not a computer guru so If it’s complicated, I’ll live with it. Thanks Hank

On Mar 13, 2022, at 7:34 PM, Martin G0HDB <marting0hdb@...> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 10:54 PM, Jim Shorney wrote:

You have a very old version that has a bug. You need to keep up with
the latest version.
Simply upgrading to the latest version won't correct the error in the wsjtx_log.adi file's header unless the file is deleted so that the software creates a new file with the correct header. If you want to retain an existing wsjtx_log.adi file that has the error in the header then it's necessary to edit the file to correct the error, ie. by changing the erroneous <eh> to the correct <eoh>.

--
Martin G0HDB