locked Rebuilding wsjtx_log.adi #adiFiles

Dennis Wage <dwage@...>

WSJT-X only logs 4 digit gridsquares.

I am rebuilding my log from ACLOG adif file. Simple enough. But there are a lot of entries that have 6 digit gridsquares.

Do I need to trim those to 4 in order for WSJT-X to correctly color highlight?

DW

Reino Talarmo

WSJT-X only logs 4 digit gridsquares.
I am rebuilding my log from ACLOG adif file. Simple enough. But there are a lot of entries that have 6 digit gridsquares.
Do I need to trim those to 4 in order for WSJT-X to correctly color highlight?
Hi Dennis,

WSJT-X logs gridsquares as they are available. E.g. in EU VHF contest messages do contain six character gridsquares. It seems that more than six is not supported.

So just use the ACLOG adif file. I assume that WSJT-X also manages longer than six character ones, but trim them to six characters. I have not tested, hi!

73, Reino OH3mA

Karza

Hi Dennis & Reino

On 26.2.2022 10.32, Reino Talarmo wrote:
WSJT-X only logs 4 digit gridsquares.
I am rebuilding my log from ACLOG adif file. Simple enough. But there are a lot of entries that have 6 digit gridsquares.
Do I need to trim those to 4 in order for WSJT-X to correctly color highlight?
Hi Dennis,

WSJT-X logs gridsquares as they are available. E.g. in EU VHF contest messages do contain six character gridsquares. It seems that more than six is not supported.

So just use the ACLOG adif file. I assume that WSJT-X also manages longer than six character ones, but trim them to six characters. I have not tested, hi!

73, Reino OH3mA
When WSJT-X reads "wsjtx_log.adi" at startup, it only takes 4 first characters of gridsquare.

This is the relevat code line from "WorkedBefore.cpp"

worked.emplace (call.toUpper ()
       , extractField (record, "GRIDSQUARE").left (4).toUpper () //not interested in 6-digit grids

So, no need to trim the log...

73's de Kari, oh2gqc