locked WSJTX log does not populate all data as before ? #adiFiles

Jacques F1VEV

Hello
I went to look at the wsjtx log and noted that after a date no more data was registered just call etc did I do something inadvertently ?

Cheers F1VEV Jacques

Dave Garber

does wsjtx_log.adi populate. is ther more than one wsjt folder?

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 9:11 AM Jacques F1VEV <jcorbu@...> wrote:

Hello
I went to look at the wsjtx log and noted that after a date no more data
was registered just call etc did I do something inadvertently ?

Cheers F1VEV Jacques

MikeMc -- KA5TDA

Do a search for the following in File Explorer - *.adi*
This will list every adi file found on the computer. Click on view details and it will show you folder locations and time/date. Sort on date modified and it will list the files in order of date and you will see which adi file has been used last.

Mike

Jacques F1VEV

Hello thank you for your input I wish I could upload a screen shot but apparently I cannot

Dave : yes does wsjtx_log.adi populate ? yes it does but only Band and Call, QRG Grid Mode My square RST r and s and time on off and date

whereas before all were populated as above plus Country zone qsl info etc ??

and There is only 2 folders 1 in users appdata roaming etc. 1 in C program files x86 .

Mike a adi search as you suggest shows nothing out of ordinary the only other adi file I have is a backup down now and then of my logbook doen manually to an external back up hard drive main log is on SQL .
The last adi update was this morning an FT8 contact which update the WSJTX log and the wsjtx last QSO so thing normal here

the wsjtx file is not something I look at regularly so never notice this transition from Full populated to partial populated Perhaps somoen can let me know what their log files populates ??

while typing this it occurs to me that years a go a computer crash led me to rebuild the wsjtx log file from the log book could that be the reason ? I will check that out

73s to all

Jacques F1VEV

well that was it I merged a call from logbook into wsjtx log and all fields were populated compared to the auto entry made by wsjtx mistery solved then ?

I would still like to hear what is populated in your log Thanks you everyone 73s F1VEV

Reino Talarmo

Hi Jacques,
Please note that wsjt-x can only populate those fields that it knows. See what is presented in the QSO logging window. For sure e.g. QSL info is not one of those, unless you have typed that information into the Comments field during logging.
If you have used another logging software, then the additional information originates from that program.
73, Reino OH3mA

Jacques F1VEV

Hi Reino Then that confirms that it all come from when I rebuild the wjstx log after a computer crash and then now the lesser populated fields are original.

Thank you