locked FT8 Grid Locator UDP Forwarding #QSO_practices

David

Is there a way of configuring WSJT-X FT8 so that it sends (a) 6 character Grid Locator (AAnnaa) if available or (b) a blank Grid Locator?

I currently delete the 'DX Grid' before saving a QSO that is to be forwarded to HRD Logbook. HRD then does a QRZ.COM lookup and if available populates my logbook with a six character Grid Locator.
--
Regards

David G4NVB

Sam Birnbaum

Hi David,
Just be aware that by doing that you may be recording the wrong grid.
You may want to contact HRD and ask them to enhance their program by add the 2 characters to the first 4 only if the first 4 match what WSJT-X is recording. I know I do that in my program.
73,

Sam W2JDB

Is there a way of configuring WSJT-X FT8 so that it sends (a)  6 character Grid Locator (AAnnaa) if available or (b) a blank Grid Locator?

I currently delete the 'DX Grid' before saving a QSO that is to be forwarded to HRD Logbook. HRD then does a QRZ.COM lookup and if available populates my logbook with a six character Grid Locator.
--
Regards

David G4NVB

Борис Романов <ux8iw@...>

Hi David,
There were cases where the locator from QRZ.COM did not match the correspondent's actual locator.
Therefore, the automatic replacement of the locator should be approached with some care.
When writing QSOs in parallel to an external log, it is always possible to change the locator to data from
search resources (QRZ .COM, eQSL, etc.)
73 Boris UX8IW
Пятница, 4 февраля 2022, 21:44 +02:00 от David via groups.io <dpgh_forum@...>:

Is there a way of configuring WSJT-X FT8 so that it sends (a) 6 character Grid Locator (AAnnaa) if available or (b) a blank Grid Locator?

I currently delete the 'DX Grid' before saving a QSO that is to be forwarded to HRD Logbook. HRD then does a QRZ.COM lookup and if available populates my logbook with a six character Grid Locator.
--
Regards

David G4NVB

--
Борис Романов

David

Hi Sam,

Good point, I will ask HRD to consider populating the 2 missing characters if the first 4 match WSJT-X.

All understood being aware of recording the wrong grid, that has happened to me so I keep an eye on it.

Reino Talarmo

Hi David,
Also those two missing characters may not match with the actual six character locator in special cases, if the operator does not update e.g. QRZ.com each time he moves to a new locator grid. That may happen in special cases events or special nature locations, which happen to be in the same four character grid.

In any case that 4 character match is relevant test.

73, Reino OH3mA