locked Double-click on call sets TX enable #TechnicalHelpQuestion

Steve Z

I usually have option "Double-click on call sets TX enable" checked "on" so that I can quickly respond to someone calling CQ or tail-ending my QSO. This works well if one can quickly double-click before the next 15 second period begins. But, in cases where I am unable to respond so quickly, I would like to be able to double-click on the call but not have "TX enable be set" thus avoiding transmission sometime during the 15 second period. Thus, an option to hold a modifying key, such as CTRL or SHIFT, while double clicking would be very useful. Thus, double-clicking on the call with the modifying key held down would populate the call in the "standard message area," but not enable TX. Now I would be able to wait before the next transmission period to set TX enable.

Is this a useful option to others? Is there another way to do this without having the source code modified?

Steve N9SZ

careyfisher@...

Just single click?

--
Carey Fisher
careyfisher@...

Reino Talarmo

Hi Steve,

There is another way to achieve the same kind of issue especially on tail ending. Copy and paste the wanted call sign into box below DC Call and hit Generate Std Msg. Note that this does not take care of the proper timeslot, while double-click does.

On the other hand a slow double-click does not harm too much. You can delay the start of your transmission by say up to 3 seconds into the transmission slot and still lose only a little, unless your signal is very weak. Forward error correction takes care of the missing part of your transmission.

73, Reino OH3mA

Steve Z

Thanks Reino. Copying and pasting the call sign does work, but it is not easy to do from the scrolling list ( I guess I could turn off "monitor" to stop the scrolling).

Steve N9SZ

Reino Talarmo

Copying and pasting the call sign does work, but it is not easy to do from the scrolling list ( I guess I could turn off "monitor" to stop the scrolling).
Hi Steve
You may activate in General settings 'Start new period decodes at top'. You may need stroll manually to pick your station, but it is the same with the double click! You may have noted that the decodes are added in random order.
There is a minor programming difficulty that is not yet resolved. After some extended period new decodes are no more presented on screen, but they are there and can be looked by manual scrolling. To prevent that you need to erase Band Activity window periodically; Right-click and select Erase.
You may also activate CQ only to relief contention.
73, Reino OH3mA

Dave Garber

when the calls are scrolling too fast, I enter the HZ of the station I want
so he will show in the 'rx frequency' window, then double click in that
window

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE