locked WSJT-X crashes when counterpart has a "/" in the callsign... #wsjt-x-crashing

Thorsten DL9SEC

Hi,

as soon as my counterpart has a "/" inside the call (e.g. RN2F/3, doesn't care where the "/" is inside the call), WSJT-X v2.5.3 69f9ec 64bit crashes here on my Win 10.
A residual process "jt9 - WSJT-X slow mode decoder" residual process blocks an immediate restart of the program, the process must be killed manually.

The crash always happens after the counterpart answers after my call to the counterparts CQ, the GUI closes and the QSO is interrupted.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

73, Thorsten

Karza

Hi Thorsten,

as soon as my counterpart has a "/" inside the call (e.g. RN2F/3, doesn't care
where the "/" is inside the call), WSJT-X v2.5.3 69f9ec 64bit crashes here on
my Win 10.
This is a known issue in 2.5.3 and the dev team is working on it.
It'll be fixed in the next release.

Meanwhile you can revert back to 2.5.2.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Masaaaki Maeda

Same problem.
I was called W6/J*1*** and my call is W2/JR1AQN. WSJT-X was crashed and same error message.
Big problem is I could not install again.
Does anyone know solution?

Masa
JR1AQN

1/1/22 午後12:50 に、"main@WSJTX.groups.io (Thorsten DL9SEC の代理)" <main@WSJTX.groups.io (thorsten.godau@... の代理)> を書き込みました:

Hi,

as soon as my counterpart has a "/" inside the call (e.g. RN2F/3, doesn't care where the "/" is inside the call), WSJT-X v2.5.3 69f9ec 64bit crashes here on my Win 10.
A residual process "jt9 - WSJT-X slow mode decoder" residual process blocks an immediate restart of the program, the process must be killed manually.

The crash always happens after the counterpart answers after my call to the counterparts CQ, the GUI closes and the QSO is interrupted.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

73, Thorsten

PH7R - Ronald

Go into taskmanager (ctrl-alt-del) and details tab. Kill JT9.exe. After that you can restart wsjt-x safely.

73, PH7R

Gilbert Baron

Yes but that should not be required, should it?
Task manager IS Ctl-Shit-Esc.

Outlook LT Gil W0MN
Hierro Candente Batir de Repente
44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--
W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Gilbert Baron

Hmmm, did not know about the Ctl Alt Del sequene. It gives a few neat choices including Task Manager. Nice catch, thanks.