From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pietro Molina
Sent: Friday, 31 December 2021 7:59 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] No decodes above about 1200 hz #AudioIssues #Icom #Windows10

Michael, what's about if you move Rx frequency up of 1.2 kHz? You loose all the signal or you decode up to 1200 Hz again? This is to understand if it is a RF or BF issue.

Happy new year

Pietro I2OIM

Michael Goode

Hi Kari,

I changed the graph settings and "Voila" it works!

Thank you...

Happy New Year!

Mike

Mike Goode VK3BDL/VK3QK
42 Fourth St
Black Rock VIC 3193
041 222 1649

#1 vChange frequency to a quiet spot where there are no signals.#2 Set "Start 0" in the spectrum display controls
#3 Turn off Flatten.
You should see something like this that will show you the bandwidth for your rig although unless you have an SDR (this is an Apache 7000DLE MKII) your edges won't be quite as sharp.
Then maximize your bandwidth and adjust the windows to 3KHz.  The Flatten box does not like seeing the edges of the bandpass and shows up as bright areas in the waterall on the low and high end if too much of the edge inside the width of the plot.Your decodes do depend on the width of the waterall/spectrum.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, December 31, 2021, 06:15:16 AM CST, Karza <kari.sillanmaki@...> wrote:

Hi Mike,

Can't decode tones over 1200 hz
Please check that:
1) your "WideGraph" is wide enough,  ie. you see signals up to ~3000 Hz or so
2) you are not in "Hound" mode with "Rx All Freqs" unchecked
3) your have no narrow filter is engaged.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Karza

...plus
4) make sure RIT is off

'Kari

Karza

Hi Mike,

Can't decode tones over 1200 hz
Please check that:
1) your "WideGraph" is wide enough, ie. you see signals up to ~3000 Hz or so
2) you are not in "Hound" mode with "Rx All Freqs" unchecked
3) your have no narrow filter is engaged.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Michael Goode

Hi Pietro,

Good thought! I'll try that and email back tomorrow. Its late here...

Happy New Year!

73

Mike

Mike Goode VK3BDL/VK3QK
42 Fourth St
Black Rock VIC 3193
041 222 1649

Michael, what's about if you move Rx frequency up of 1.2 kHz? You loose all the signal or you decode up to 1200 Hz again? This is to understand if it is a RF or BF issue.

Happy new year

Pietro I2OIM

Pietro Molina

Michael, what's about if you move Rx frequency up of 1.2 kHz? You loose all the signal or you decode up to 1200 Hz again? This is to understand if it is a RF or BF issue.

Happy new year

Pietro I2OIM

Michael Goode

Hi

Can't decode tones over 1200 hz

This is driving me nuts.

I can hear the high tones on receive, the green indicator goes higher but NO
decodes above about 1200 hz. If I change the audio device to speaker, I can
hear the tones

Any ideas please?

73

Mike VK3BDL