locked #Cat_RigControl #Cat_RigControl

Lee Barker

Greetings,

I am trying to get a fellow operator up and running on WSJTX v2.5.3 with an IC7300 and a Signallink USB. He is running a laptop with windows 11. The only cables are the USB to Signallink and the 13 pin ACC connector from the Signallink to the 7300.

I have the WSJTX configured for the correct radio. For CAT control the only serial port showing available to WSJTX from this laptop is the USB. I was expecting to find a com port like my own configuration on my desktop/Signallink/7300 rig but not seeing any com ports on this laptop. CAT control is not working, Test CAT fails, and I get the following errors:

Hamlin error: Invalid configuration
network.c(253):network_open return(-2)
iofunc.(177):port_open return(-2)
rig.c(800):rig_open return(-2) while opening connection to rig

Appreciate and help in determining if we need to update software or if we are missing something. The 7300 works fine, we are listening on external speakers to good signals. Just can’t seem to do digital signals or rig control though the signalink from the laptop.

Lee
WX0LAB

Tom Melvin

Hi

Why the Signal link?

Just plug the 7300 via USB into the laptop

The ’serial’ side will not be seen on the 13 port acc - it is in the USB stack in the 7300 that gives the serial port - the drivers (follow Icom’s web side for install details) and will appear as COMXX, you can run the ptt via cat as well.

Tom
GM8MJV

On 30 Dec 2021, at 18:01, Lee Barker via groups.io <lee_a_barker@...> wrote:

[...]

Reino Talarmo

Hi,
There is a simple reason for that hamlib error. That installation don't have a CAT control at all. Also a separarete CAT connection is needed from laptop to IC7300. Signalink don't support CAT control only audio. You may use None for rig and Vox for PTT selection as Signalink provide vox for PTT to rig. Of course an additional CAT cable would provide much easier working environment.
73, Reino OH3mA

[...]

I tried going direct from the laptop to the 7300. Same thing. cat control doesn’t work in this case either.

On Dec 30, 2021, at 1:09 PM, Reino Talarmo <reino.talarmo@...> wrote:

[...]

Jeff Stillinger

You do not need the signalink at all with a 7300.   Follow these instructions and you will be on the air in 5 minutes.

https://www.k0pir.us/icom-7300-wsjt-x-ft8-easy-way/

--
Jeff Stillinger
KB6IBB Laboratories, Wylie Texas

Gwen

""     .....

he drivers (follow Icom’s web side for install details) and will appear as COMXX,

....  ""

---- *assumes you are using Window*s .....

Gwen
KI5PXQ

On 12/30/21 11:08 AM, Tom Melvin wrote:
[...]

I removed the signalink from the setup. Also had to download the icom usb driver. That opened up a com port 4 in the WSJTX menu. But we still can’t get CAT control. ???

On Dec 30, 2021, at 2:20 PM, Jeff Stillinger via groups.io <kb6ibb@...> wrote:

[...]

Can I just double check - you also saw com4 in Windows device manager - usually the codex creates two com ports - try the other one that the device manager shows (assuming you are on Windows :-) )

Double check the baud rate etc set on the rig matches the settings in wsjt-x

What hamlib error were you getting?

Regards

Tom
GM8MJV