Michael Black

That should be fixed now.
New hamlib for Windows installation directions
#1 Shut down WSJTX
#2 Download either the 32-bit or 64-bit DLL -- hopefully your browser doesn't block it but may warn you multiple times.
If you can do a "Save As" you can save it directly in \WSJT\WSJTX\bin and replace the libhamlib-4.dll that is there.
http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/dll32/libhamlib-4.dll
http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/dll64/libhamlib-4.dll
#3 If you don't save directly you need to open a file browser and move the file that way.
If you're not familiar with that here's a video on the file browser.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVqCJrs9dk
Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, December 23, 2021, 07:36:05 AM CST, Steve VE4FX <sckeith@...> wrote:

Before I update to 2.5.3 my IC-7300 would turn on about 5 seconds after the program launched, After the update, it takes way longer to turn on the radio. Once it didn't and I got a Hamlib error. I'm running Windows 11 with all updates.

Steve VE4FX

Gene, K5PA

Mike, when I installed the http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/dll64/libhamlib-4.dll as a replacement for the version in my WSJT-X v2.5.3 directory \WSJT\WSJTX\bin as you gave instruction to do, I receive a failure on the hamlib when trying to connect to my remoted IC-7300 that is connected over Win4IcomSuite server and client programs. The remote program uses com0com program to send the C-IV data to the remote site, and in com0com I have setup com ports 40 and 41 for that purpose. It does work correctly with the new version replacement on my local IC-7610 radio. It also works correctly on the libhamlib-4.ddl that installs normally with WSJT-X v2.5.3. I guess I am saying the version that was corrected now breaks the connection over my remoted IC-7300 radio.

By the way, I was testing the new version you put up on sourceforge because I was having erratic operation of the VFO A and B not setting to the correct frequency at times was I was making contacts. I had been using the Split setting in WSJT-X radio panel.

I am using Windows 10, 64-bit, and WSJT-X v2.5.3 addressing the updated hamlib-4ddl in this message stream.

Chris VE3NRT

I just installed the 64 bit DLL. Test CAT works. Test PTT does not. I get rig control error when I try to transmit. PTT is set to CAT. Elecraft K3. Windows 10. 64 bit WSJT-X. Downgraded to 2.5.2. PTT works again.

73,
Chris VE3NRT

Chet, N8RA

I also just installed the 64 bit DLL. Test CAT works. Test PTT does not for a K3 with PTT set to RTS. Tried PTT set to CAT and that did not work either.
If I loaded WSJT from N1MM+ logger, CAT worked.

I did not have the original dll anymore, so renamed the new one and then ran the WSJT-X 2.5.3 installer again to get the original one back, and now all works OK.

73,
Chet, N8RA

New hamlib for Windows installation directions
#1 Shut down WSJTX
#2 Download either the 32-bit or 64-bit DLL -- hopefully your browser doesn't block it but may warn you multiple times.
#3 If you don't save directly you need to open a file browser and move the file that way.
If you're not familiar with that here's a video on the file browser.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVqCJrs9dk
Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, December 23, 2021, 07:36:05 AM CST, Steve VE4FX <sckeith@...> wrote:

Before I update to 2.5.3 my IC-7300 would turn on about 5 seconds after the program launched, After the update, it takes way longer to turn on the radio. Once it didn't and I got a Hamlib error. I'm running Windows 11 with all updates.

Steve VE4FX

Michael Black

Please place this file in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\WSJT-Xhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/t52ngcalsgnpm8m/wsjtx_log_config.ini?dl=0
Restart WSJT-X and duplicate the problem.Shut down WSJT-X
Then send me the WSJT-X_RigControl.log file that will be in the same location.
Mike W9MDB

#1 Shut down WSJTX
#2 Download either the 32-bit or 64-bit DLL -- hopefully your browser doesn't block it but may warn you multiple times.
#3 If you don't save directly you need to open a file browser and move the file that way.

On Thursday, December 23, 2021, 12:43:17 PM CST, Chris VE3NRT <dx@...> wrote:

I just installed the 64 bit DLL. Test CAT works. Test PTT does not. I get rig control error when I try to transmit. PTT is set to CAT. Elecraft K3. Windows 10. 64 bit WSJT-X. Downgraded to 2.5.2. PTT works again.

73,
Chris VE3NRT

Amos Sobel 4X4MF

Mike

1. I am currently running WSJT-X v2.5.3 with no trouble at all. Why should I upgrade the hamlib?
2. Will the next revision of WSJT-X come with the new hamlib to save us the trouble of updating it?

Amos 4X4MF

#1 Shut down WSJTX
#2 Download either the 32-bit or 64-bit DLL -- hopefully your browser doesn't block it but may warn you multiple times.
#3 If you don't save directly you need to open a file browser and move the file that way.
If you're not familiar with that here's a video on the file browser.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVqCJrs9dk
Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, December 23, 2021, 07:36:05 AM CST, Steve VE4FX <sckeith@...> wrote:

Before I update to 2.5.3 my IC-7300 would turn on about 5 seconds after the program launched, After the update, it takes way longer to turn on the radio. Once it didn't and I got a Hamlib error. I'm running Windows 11 with all updates.

Steve VE4FX

Michael Black

If you're not having any problems there's no need to update it.

Mike

#1 Shut down WSJTX
#2 Download either the 32-bit or 64-bit DLL -- hopefully your browser doesn't block it but may warn you multiple times.
#3 If you don't save directly you need to open a file browser and move the file that way.
If you're not familiar with that here's a video on the file browser.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVqCJrs9dk
Mike W9MDB

    On Thursday, December 23, 2021, 07:36:05 AM CST, Steve VE4FX <sckeith@...> wrote:

Before I update to 2.5.3 my IC-7300 would turn on about 5 seconds after the program launched, After the update, it takes way longer to turn on the radio. Once it didn't and I got a Hamlib error. I'm running Windows 11 with all updates.

Steve VE4FX

Joe Dz

Just an added data point. I upgraded to 2.5.3, W10, 64 bit, using a TS-590SG and no issues at all. Then I switched config to the IC-9700 and the CAT no longer works with an echo comm command problem. So, I am back to 2.5.2 and all is fine again. So I will just wait for the 2.5.4 rev and see how things go.
Joe, K1YOW

Pierre FK8IH <jb.gallauziaux@...>

I eventually upgraded to v2.5.2 and it works well with Windows 11, Quisk and a Hermes Lite 2 SDR TCVR.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Rick W7PSK

Im getting the Hamlib error also.  I downloaded the new dll but it still gives me the error.  Im coming form 2.5.0.

I downloaded 2.5.2 and it works just fine.  Just cannot get 2.5.3 to work

Scotty W7PSK

Pierre FK8IH <jb.gallauziaux@...>

I had the same problem with v2.5.4 and returned to v2.5.2
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

neil_zampella <neilz@...>

What rig are you running? What are you using for an operating system? How are you connected for CAT control ?

Just saying "I have the same problem" really doesn't tell us much.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Pierre FK8IH <jb.gallauziaux@...>

I'm using Windows 11 with Quisk v4.1.93 and Hermes Lite 2 SDR TCVR with hamlib-w64-4.4.

WSJT-X v2.4.0 worked well and synchronized with Quisk in less than 1 second when initially started and less than 1 second when changing band and frequency.
WSJT-X v2.5.2 takes 15 second to synchronize with Quisk when initially started and then less than 1 second when changing band and frequency, the "?" indicator turns green.
WSJT-X v2.5.3 and 2.5.4 do not synchronize with Quisk using the same hamlib and CAT parameters, The "?" indicator right to the band selector turns orange/red and in the "settings" menu the "Test CAT" button turns RED when actuated.

I already posted twice explaining that. Some members suggested to replace the libhamlib-4.dll file in the program Bin folder, which I did without success, the reason why I reverted to v2.5.2 after testing 2.5.3 and 2.5.4.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Pierre FK8IH <jb.gallauziaux@...>

Addendum : I tried yesterday the last version of JTDX (v2.2.158) with the same result : no hamlib ctrl, Test CAT turning red.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Michael Black

Create a file hamlib_settings.json and put this in it and place it in the same location as WSJT-X.iniI'll need to work with the Quisk author to get Quisk working correctly.
{     "config": {            "timeout": "500"     }}
Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 04:37:46 PM CST, Pierre FK8IH <jb.gallauziaux@...> wrote:

[...]

Sorry about the formatting...try this...

{
     "config": {
            "post_write_delay": "25"
     }