locked #wsjt-x-crashing #Windows08 #wsjt-x-crashing #Windows08

k5rcd

Subject: I have locked myself out of WSJTX
HELP!
I've really screwed myself into a corner. I have no idea what I did, but I have somehow set up something causing the 3 error messages as seen in the attached screenshot. I was trying to set up Gridtracker, but don't think that had anything to do with this problem. I have now shut down Gridtracker which I was trying to set up, and still get the same message(s). The worst part is it now WILL NOT LET ME KEEP WSJTX OPEN in order to try to make any changes. When I click on the boxes shown on the screen, IT JUST COMPLETLY SHUTS DOWN WSJTX. I tried restarting my PC, but no joy. Now I can't run WSJTX at all, and can't work FT8.
What can I do now?  I am running Windows 8.1, WSJTX version, 2.5.2,  Ham Radio Deluxe rig control and logbook, version 6.7.0.391.

Thanks.
upload_2021-12-3_13-50-12.jpeg

ReplyForward

Michael Black

Stop WSJT-X
Rename \Users\[username]\AppData\Local\WSJT-X
Start WSJT-X
This will create a new configuration.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, December 3, 2021, 04:04:00 PM CST, k5rcd <randyk5rcd@...> wrote:

[...]

Dave Garber

and I see extra characters in the udp  224.0..0.1    extra decimal

and he needs to download the csv file from lotw..    i would suggest doing those fixes first, before setting up anything else

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 5:51 PM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Michel Bernard VE2BJG

The extra characters is the UDP port number Dave. Not to be worried about. Talking on port 2237

But the address is weird though..... 224.0.0.xxx !!!!  That is not a loopback address that should be in the form of 128.0.0.xxx

Unless you are talking to another PC on your network.

Michael Black

224.0.0.1 is the correct multicast address to use so that multiple programs can use WSJTX messages.

Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, December 4, 2021, 08:39:14 AM CST, Michel Bernard VE2BJG <ve2bjg_qbc@...> wrote:

The extra characters is the UDP port number Dave. Not to be worried about. Talking on port 2237

But the address is weird though..... 224.0.0.xxx !!!!  That is not a loopback address that should be in the form of 128.0.0.xxx

Unless you are talking to another PC on your network.

Dave Garber

Not with too many ........ In it

sent via LG hand held device