locked Codecs and names: #WSJTX_config #windows11

Stephen Thornber

Morning. WSJT-X v2.5.2 68dc11
Windows 11
I have two instances and seem to be working fine - not sure because nobody has come back to my CQ & I see inbound signals. Waterfall runs OK... So far so good.
So leave alone you might say...  :)

In Settings Audio I see:

So I remembered being told that you can change names and here is what I find:  >> System > Sound
in the properties there is a Rename item.  Yep I renamed the Speakers to "SPK1" & "SPK2" respectively and they show up in windows as such.

The problem (I have rebooted ) the above status is the same.
Sorry the problem is that WSJTX does not pick up the renamed objects in its list.

Cheers

Stephen G6SGA

Stephen,

At a first, I would recommend you rename the USB Audio Codecs so that you know which one is which.

73 Phil.

Sent from Mail for Windows

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Apologies, should have read down the e-mail.

Is this a W11 thing? Not made the migration yet.

Phil.

Sent from Mail for Windows

I have two instances and seem to be working fine - not sure because nobody has come back to my CQ & I see inbound signals. Waterfall runs OK... So far so good.
So leave alone you might say...  :)

In Settings Audio I see:

So I remembered being told that you can change names and here is what I find:  >> System > Sound
in the properties there is a Rename item.  Yep I renamed the Speakers to "SPK1" & "SPK2" respectively and they show up in windows as such.

The problem (I have rebooted ) the above status is the same.
Sorry the problem is that WSJTX does not pick up the renamed objects in its list.

Cheers

Stephen G6SGA

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA <wsjtx_is001.png><wsjtx_is002.png><wsjtx_is003.png><wsjtx_is004.png>

Michael Black

There are numerous places where these names exist in the registry.

Just search for the name in regedit and eventually you'll find the one that works.
On my system it was these two keys

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveMovie\devenum 64-bit\{33D9A762-90C8-11D0-BD43-00A0C911CE86}\wave:{5A7A3363-0608-4A4F-96BB-E903D6EFF165}
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveMovie\devenum 64-bit\{E0F158E1-CB04-11D0-BD4E-00A0C911CE86}\wave:{2B317D26-CACB-4A20-9A63-78337ECB5000}

Mike W9MDB