locked Error using Mode=Data/Pkt & Split=Rig settings with K4 #Cat_RigControl #IssueReport #Elecraft

Ludwig Hechler

Dear YLs and OMs,

here is a problem with Mode and Split settings of WSJT-X
with my Elecraft K4.

Program version: WSJT-X v2.5.2 68dc11
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro, version 21H1
Transceiver: Elecraft K4

Description of the problem:

- in WSJT-X go to "Settings" -> "Radio" tab
- choose "Rig" = "Elecraft K4" and "PTT Method" = "CAT"
- choose "Mode" = "Data/Pkt" and "Split" = "Rig"
- click "OK"
- set mode in WSJT-X to FT8
- set band in WSJT-X to (e.g.) 40m
- K4 display shows:
  * VFO A and B both show 7.074.000
  * "SPLIT ON"
  * "TX" arrow points to VFO B

- use keyboard "Ctrl" (or "Shift") key and left mouse button
  and click to different audio frequencies in the waterfall
  display. At every click
  * VFO B frequency in K4's display shortly changes to e.g.
    7.073.000 or 7.074.500, depending were you clicked in
    the waterfall, and immediately returns back to 7.074.000.
  * Split indicator in K4's display changes to "SPLIT OFF"
    and back to "SPLIT ON" twice. The "TX" arrow to VFO A
    or B has the same behaviour.

- The same wrong split behaviour can be seen during a QSO.
  With these settings the K4 does not transmit on the choosen
  frequency. Also the start of transmit is delayed: the bargraph
  in the lower right corner of the WSJT-X main window is already
  at (about) "2/15" seconds when the K4 starts to transmit. (1)

- If you choose "Mode" = "None" instead of "Data/Pkt" in the
  WSJT-X settings, the split behaviour of the K4 is correct.

(1) By the way, have you noticed that the bargraph (sometimes)
changes its overall length a bit when it progresses from 0/15 to
14/15 during a (FT8-) QSO?

Thanks for this nice program! I use it quite frequently.

vy 73,
Lui, DL6FBR

Michael Black

On Sunday, November 14, 2021, 09:06:50 AM CST, Ludwig Hechler <l.hechler@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Mike,
the nee DLL works fine. I had no problems downloading with Firefox.
73, Lui, DL6FBR

(It seems my first reply didn't come through.)

Ludwig Hechler

Thank you Mike, the new DLL works fine.
I could download it without problems (no warnings using Firefox).

73,
Lui, DL6FBR