From: John P
Sent: 11 November 2021 20:44
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] A different '73' bug? #IssueReport

While calling a station in HI on 15 meter FT8 this afternoon anytime he sent 'RR73' to another station (i.e., not my callsign) he was working, WSJT-X (Version 2.5.2) would disable my 'TXEnable'. I'm also running JTAlert, so not 100% sure if it's a WSJT or JTAlert issue.
--
John P.
WA2FZW

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

I did!
--
John P.
WA2FZW

Larry Banks

Hi John,

If you were trying to transmit on top of her/his frequency, try a different frequency.

Larry / W1DYJ

On 11/11/2021 15:50, Philip Rose via groups.io wrote:

Why didn’t you reenable Tx enable?

Sent from Mail for Windows

While calling a station in HI on 15 meter FT8 this afternoon anytime he sent 'RR73' to another station (i.e., not my callsign) he was working, WSJT-X (Version 2.5.2) would disable my 'TXEnable'. I'm also running JTAlert, so not 100% sure if it's a WSJT or JTAlert issue.
--
John P.
WA2FZW

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/11/2021 7:26 am, John P wrote:
While calling a station in HI on 15 meter FT8 this afternoon anytime he sent 'RR73' to another station (i.e., not my callsign) he was working, WSJT-X (Version 2.5.2) would disable my 'TXEnable'. I'm also running JTAlert, so not 100% sure if it's a WSJT or JTAlert issue.

EDIT: I probably should have mentioned that we were on different frequency slots with no overlap.
--
John P.
WA2FZW

FYI, JTAlert has no facility to control the WSJTX TX Enabled state. Controlling TX Enabled is handled exclusively by WSJTX itself.

de Laurie VK3AMA
(JTAlert developer)

Bill, WB6JJJ

John,
I think if you are close, like next door to him, it will assume the 73 was for you.
Bill
WB6JJJ

On Nov 11, 2021, at 2:52 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 12/11/2021 7:26 am, John P wrote:
While calling a station in HI on 15 meter FT8 this afternoon anytime he sent 'RR73' to another station (i.e., not my callsign) he was working, WSJT-X (Version 2.5.2) would disable my 'TXEnable'. I'm also running JTAlert, so not 100% sure if it's a WSJT or JTAlert issue.

EDIT: I probably should have mentioned that we were on different frequency slots with no overlap.
--
John P.
WA2FZW

FYI, JTAlert has no facility to control the WSJTX TX Enabled state. Controlling TX Enabled is handled exclusively by WSJTX itself.

de Laurie VK3AMA
(JTAlert developer)

Allan Schlaugat N9ISN

On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 12:26:30 -0800, "John P" <j.m.price@...>
wrote:

While calling a station in HI on 15 meter FT8 this afternoon anytime he sent 'RR73' to
another station (i.e., not my callsign) he was working, WSJT-X (Version 2.5.2) would
disable my 'TXEnable'. I'm also running JTAlert, so not 100% sure if it's a WSJT or JTAlert issue.
Its not a JTAlert issue. I am seeing the same thing. It does not do this
all the time but it is frustrating. Using 2.5.1.
I push the TX Enable and it fires off OK. Unless I get another RR73 that
goes to a different station, then it shuts off again. The Log QSO window
doesn't pop up either.
Its happens very erratically. No rhyme or reason to it at all.

73 Al N9ISN

--
Allan W. Schlaugat Albertville, WI USA
Amateur Radio: N9ISN Home Page: www.n9isn.com

I believe in sharing the road with other drivers. They can
have the part behind me.

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 02:25 AM, Allan Schlaugat N9ISN wrote:
Its not a JTAlert issue. I am seeing the same thing
Thanks Allan! Glad it's not just me! Laurie already posted that it's not a JTAlert problem. Wish someone from the WSJT programming crowd actually looked at this group!

--
John P.
WA2FZW

Dave Garber

I find that if you are on his frequency or overlapping his, it will disable your TX.   this was built in, i believe to prevent qrm.   does it do it if you hold frequency, then tx elsewhere?

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE