locked Decoding stopped when Win10 updated #Windows10

Wayne Rash

WSJT-X has been working just fine until I got the latest Windows 10 update. Now, while I can see the signals on the waterfall display, there’s nothing being decoded. I’ve already tried reinstalling the software, and I’ve looked at the settings, and they appear to be correct. The only thing that’s changed is the latest Windows 10 update.

Any thoughts on why this might be and what I can do to fix it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne, N4HCR

Bill Somerville

On 11/11/2021 16:39, Wayne Rash wrote:

WSJT-X has been working just fine until I got the latest Windows 10 update. Now, while I can see the signals on the waterfall display, there’s nothing being decoded. I’ve already tried reinstalling the software, and I’ve looked at the settings, and they appear to be correct. The only thing that’s changed is the latest Windows 10 update.

Any thoughts on why this might be and what I can do to fix it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne, N4HCR

Hi Wayne,

two possible causes for you issue are inaccurate time synchronization to UTC and incorrect audio device assignments in WSJT-X. For the former check your time sync software is still working and that the Windows Update has not re-enabled Windows Internet Time Sync. For the latter check the device assignments in the WSJT-X "Settings->Audio" panel, if either have "(not found)" appended then change them, click OK, then go back and set them to the right devices again.

Wayne Rash

Yup, it was Windows Update changing the internet time sync. Fixed that and it works fine. Thank you very much.

73

Wayne, N4HCR

[...]

Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...>

I've found that often Windows updates will set certain parameters or values to the Windows default configuration.  This includes time sync and audio CODEC values.   One has to understand this happens and thus one can set things back to the values they need or of their choice.  Being more knowledgeable about Windows operating system is to one's advantage.

73
Bob, K4TAX

Gary trock

Thanks. As a newby I’ve noted this. Mike helped me out but was able to re set myself the last few times.
Gary N8GT

On Nov 12, 2021, at 2:04 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...> wrote:

I've found that often Windows updates will set certain parameters or values to the Windows default configuration. This includes time sync and audio CODEC values. One has to understand this happens and thus one can set things back to the values they need or of their choice. Being more knowledgeable about Windows operating system is to one's advantage.

73
Bob, K4TAX

Gary trock

I have a new issue the past two days. After a QSO, when I click to add to LOF40M I get
Logging Warning
Error Message LOG40M SQLite: unable to confirm QSO loggesd.
Saves to the WSJTx log file.
What am I missing?
I likely did something wrong in trying to automatically upload from LOG40M to LOTW. Thanks and 73
Gary N8GT

On Nov 12, 2021, at 4:51 PM, Gary trock <gtrockmd@...> wrote:

Thanks. As a newby I’ve noted this. Mike helped me out but was able to re set myself the last few times.
Gary N8GT
On Nov 12, 2021, at 2:04 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...> wrote:

I've found that often Windows updates will set certain parameters or values to the Windows default configuration. This includes time sync and audio CODEC values. One has to understand this happens and thus one can set things back to the values they need or of their choice. Being more knowledgeable about Windows operating system is to one's advantage.

73
Bob, K4TAX

Dave Garber

check your path the the log mentioned in jtaler and be sure it is the correct path.  I have my log on my google drive, and when I tried to call up the log, without internet, the log entry disappeared after 'not found' error.  I reselected the log on my google drive, and all is good today!

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 5:32 PM Gary trock <Gtrockmd@...> wrote:
I have a new issue the past two days. After a QSO, when I click to add to LOF40M I get
Logging Warning
Error Message LOG40M SQLite: unable to confirm QSO loggesd.
Saves to the WSJTx log file.
What am I missing?
I likely did something wrong in trying to automatically upload from LOG40M to LOTW. Thanks and 73
Gary N8GT
> On Nov 12, 2021, at 4:51 PM, Gary trock <gtrockmd@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks. As a newby I’ve noted this. Mike helped me out but was able to re set myself the last few times.
> Gary N8GT
>> On Nov 12, 2021, at 2:04 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...> wrote:
>>
>> I've found that often Windows updates will set certain parameters or values to the Windows default configuration.  This includes time sync and audio CODEC values.   One has to understand this happens and thus one can set things back to the values they need or of their choice.  Being more knowledgeable about Windows operating system is to one's advantage.
>>
>> 73
>> Bob, K4TAX

Michael Black

Depends on whether or not it actually got logged.

If it logged and you got the message than JTAlert is not pointing to the correct log file to confirm.
It it didn't log then you don't have Log4OM set up to receive the JTAlert ADIF record.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, November 12, 2021, 04:32:49 PM CST, Gary trock <gtrockmd@...> wrote:

I have a new issue the past two days. After a QSO, when I click to add to LOF40M I get
Logging Warning
Error Message LOG40M SQLite: unable to confirm QSO loggesd.
Saves to the WSJTx log file.
What am I missing?
I likely did something wrong in trying to automatically upload from LOG40M to LOTW. Thanks and 73
Gary N8GT
> On Nov 12, 2021, at 4:51 PM, Gary trock <gtrockmd@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks. As a newby I’ve noted this. Mike helped me out but was able to re set myself the last few times.
> Gary N8GT
>> On Nov 12, 2021, at 2:04 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...> wrote:
>>
>> I've found that often Windows updates will set certain parameters or values to the Windows default configuration.  This includes time sync and audio CODEC values.  One has to understand this happens and thus one can set things back to the values they need or of their choice.  Being more knowledgeable about Windows operating system is to one's advantage.
>>
>> 73
>> Bob, K4TAX

Gary trock

Thanks, will try that today

On Nov 12, 2021, at 11:23 PM, Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

Depends on whether or not it actually got logged.

If it logged and you got the message than JTAlert is not pointing to the correct log file to confirm.
It it didn't log then you don't have Log4OM set up to receive the JTAlert ADIF record.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, November 12, 2021, 04:32:49 PM CST, Gary trock <gtrockmd@...> wrote:

I have a new issue the past two days. After a QSO, when I click to add to LOF40M I get
Logging Warning
Error Message LOG40M SQLite: unable to confirm QSO loggesd.
Saves to the WSJTx log file.
What am I missing?
I likely did something wrong in trying to automatically upload from LOG40M to LOTW. Thanks and 73
Gary N8GT
> On Nov 12, 2021, at 4:51 PM, Gary trock <gtrockmd@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks. As a newby I’ve noted this. Mike helped me out but was able to re set myself the last few times.
> Gary N8GT
>> On Nov 12, 2021, at 2:04 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...> wrote:
>>
>> I've found that often Windows updates will set certain parameters or values to the Windows default configuration.  This includes time sync and audio CODEC values.  One has to understand this happens and thus one can set things back to the values they need or of their choice.  Being more knowledgeable about Windows operating system is to one's advantage.
>>
>> 73
>> Bob, K4TAX

Dave Garber

and mine did log, without a log file in the correct box, but it could not confirm..

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 11:23 PM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Depends on whether or not it actually got logged.

If it logged and you got the message than JTAlert is not pointing to the correct log file to confirm.
It it didn't log then you don't have Log4OM set up to receive the JTAlert ADIF record.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, November 12, 2021, 04:32:49 PM CST, Gary trock <gtrockmd@...> wrote:

I have a new issue the past two days. After a QSO, when I click to add to LOF40M I get
Logging Warning
Error Message LOG40M SQLite: unable to confirm QSO loggesd.
Saves to the WSJTx log file.
What am I missing?
I likely did something wrong in trying to automatically upload from LOG40M to LOTW. Thanks and 73
Gary N8GT
> On Nov 12, 2021, at 4:51 PM, Gary trock <gtrockmd@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks. As a newby I’ve noted this. Mike helped me out but was able to re set myself the last few times.
> Gary N8GT
>> On Nov 12, 2021, at 2:04 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...> wrote:
>>
>> I've found that often Windows updates will set certain parameters or values to the Windows default configuration.  This includes time sync and audio CODEC values.  One has to understand this happens and thus one can set things back to the values they need or of their choice.  Being more knowledgeable about Windows operating system is to one's advantage.
>>
>> 73
>> Bob, K4TAX

Michael Black

Double check your path to the log file.
Look at the path in Log4OM and ensure that's the path in JTAlert too.

Inline image

Mike W9MDB