locked Decode Information #FST4

Rob Sherwood

Last night on 630m FST4 I noted the following information to the right of the normal decode. With decodes between -21 and -24 there were several times when the line also included ? a3. One decode of -21 included ? a1.  I haven't yet seen a ? a2.  What does this information imply?

Finally is there an advantage to switching from the 32 bit version to the 64 bit version?  I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  If so do I need to uninstall the 32 bit version?

Rob, NC0B

Michael Black

Search the WSJTX help file for "a1" and you'll see the meanings.  Section 12.1

I don't believe there's any specific advantage between 32 or 64-bit that's been touted.

Don't know if anybody has done any benchmarks on decoding speed for example.

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, October 24, 2021, 02:22:14 PM CDT, Rob Sherwood <rob@...> wrote:

Last night on 630m FST4 I noted the following information to the right of the normal decode. With decodes between -21 and -24 there were several times when the line also included ? a3. One decode of -21 included ? a1.  I haven't yet seen a ? a2.  What does this information imply?

Finally is there an advantage to switching from the 32 bit version to the 64 bit version?  I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  If so do I need to uninstall the 32 bit version?

Rob, NC0B

Bill Somerville

On 24/10/2021 19:16, Rob Sherwood wrote:

Last night on 630m FST4 I noted the following information to the right of the normal decode. With decodes between -21 and -24 there were several times when the line also included ? a3. One decode of -21 included ? a1.  I haven't yet seen a ? a2.  What does this information imply?

Finally is there an advantage to switching from the 32 bit version to the 64 bit version?  I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  If so do I need to uninstall the 32 bit version?

Rob, NC0B

Hi Rob,

see the WSJT-X User Guide for information on the extra information appended to decoded message lines:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.5.1.html#DECODER_NOTES

Although you can choose to run either the 32- or 64-bit version of WSJT-X on an MS Windows 64-bit operating system, there is a noticeable performance improvement with the 64-bit version. That comes at a small memory footprint cost but on almost all systems that is of negligible impact.