locked 50MHz Beacon Test with MSK144 #MSK144

Andy Talbot

At some point  in the not too distant I will be running the 50MHz 100W Beacon PA (the very one described in RadCom this month) using MSK144 , continuously transmitting a test message at 100% duty cycle.   Antenna is an HB9CV at ground level pointed directly upwards from my Loc. IO90IV58

It'll run for several hours from perhaps midnight through into dawn, which seems to be the best time for meteor pings.  No doubt there will some other periods of test transmissions.

Actual centre Frequency 50.377MH, use an SSB carrier / tuning point (the so-called dial frequency) of 50 .3755MHz    This is at the top end of the band allocated to MS

Where is the best place to announce this? WSJT-Group, obvs, but anywhere else? It's been suggested I place a message on ON4KST, 50MHz chat and / or then spot myself on it

The signal will be directly generated in a PIC + AD9852 DDS combination.

Joe Dz

Andy,

Be careful with the word “beacon”.  Unattended beacons are not allowed on 6m on those frequencies.  All works fine if you are at the station as a control op for all the times you will be transmitting.

Joe, K1YOW

[...]

Andy

Joe Dz

Oops...I just noticed you are in G4 land....so ignore my beacon note,  That would be for USA hams.

Joe, K1YOW

[...]

Roger

On 16/10/2021 20:41, Joe Dz wrote:
Be careful with the word "beacon". Unattended beacons are not allowed on 6m
on those frequencies. All works fine if you are at the station as a control
op for all the times you will be transmitting.
Please be aware that regulations vary by country and none adhere to those in your country. The proposed operation is likely to be legal in the UK.

In future please be aware of this and state which regulations you are referring to.

73
Roger
G#4HZA
moderation

Andy Talbot

Messages sent as a new topic don't seem to be appearing, so I'll try replying to an existing thread.

Will be running tonight from 2100z
More info at http://g4jnt.com/MSK144_Beacon.txt

Andy  G4JNT