locked Sample Files for FST4 #FST4

Joe N0NOW

I'm running WSJT-X 2.4.0 (on Ubuntu linux), installed as a update a year or so ago.  I have a neighbor running v. 2.5 on a Mac, also a recent update.  Both of us are curious about FST4.  We are following the documentation guidelines for setup and we cannot find the SAMPLES files to use for the demo and testing.  The SAMPLES directory opens properly, but it is empty.  Does updating WSJT-X not load sample files (that is, only the initial distribution does), or do I need to download samples as a separate step?  If so, where are they?

Thanks everyone. I know it's a dumb question.

Joe  N0NOW

Bill Somerville

On 15/10/2021 17:48, Joe N0NOW wrote:
I'm running WSJT-X 2.4.0 (on Ubuntu linux), installed as a update a year or so ago.  I have a neighbor running v. 2.5 on a Mac, also a recent update.  Both of us are curious about FST4.  We are following the documentation guidelines for setup and we cannot find the SAMPLES files to use for the demo and testing.  The SAMPLES directory opens properly, but it is empty.  Does updating WSJT-X not load sample files (that is, only the initial distribution does), or do I need to download samples as a separate step?  If so, where are they?

Thanks everyone. I know it's a dumb question.

Joe  N0NOW
Joe,

the WSJT-X User Guide has the answer to your query:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.5.0.html#DOWNLOAD_SAMPLES

Joe N0NOW

Of course.   Thanks, Bill, both for your quick reply and your patience!

73,
Joe
N0NOW