Forced Disable of RR73 #EnhancementReqest

KD7YZ Bob

Hello WSJT-X List

So, these past few days, 12m has been SUPER into EU, Balkans,Adriatic, Southern Med.

Many many times, the other chap hasn't been able to decode my RR73.
So She/He keeps sending R-11, for example. Over and over.

By MY program KEEPS REVERTING TO TX6 (CQ).

I have to try and try to reclaim TX4.
Occasionally I see I didn't and I am sending CQ again.

So I wonder how many Not-Worked-DXCC entities I have missed these last few days because they, understandably, move on to others that they are decoding.

It "should" be understood that, both this side of the Atlantic and the other, my signal outgoing is from time to time stepped on ??

If so, the program should KEEP my "TX##" just where I want it, not keep moving it to CQ ...which I sure as heck don't want to do ??

Yeh, i have "Disable Tx after 73" DISABLED.

WSJTx v2.5.0
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

Bob KD7YZ in NE Kentucky

Bill Somerville

On 10/10/2021 16:56, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
[...]

if your QSO partners are regularly not copying your RR73 messages then you shouldn't be sending RR73 in the first place. Double-click the Tx 4 message to switch it to the RRR format message and the QSOs will proceed as you wish.

Bob,

If you reenable TX after sending RR73, the program should recognise that the QSO partner repeated R+rpt and so send RR73 again. At least it does for me.

73 Phil.

Sent from Mail for Windows

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

KD7YZ Bob

Hello Philip Rose via groups.io:

Sunday, October 10, 2021, 12:04:27 PM, you chiseled out:

 Bob,

If you reenable TX after sending RR73,
yes sir, it does. And for ONE-Time ONLY

then I have to reposition the active TX#

--

Best regards,

Bob KD7YZ EM88LL

Bob KD7YZ in NE Kentucky

KD7YZ Bob

Hello Bill Somerville:

Sunday, October 10, 2021, 11:59:38 AM, you chiseled out:

[...]
Hello Bill.
Thanks for taking the time.

Welllll ...I have no a'priori knowledge that he isn't going to decode the RR73.
O in the haste of battle, namely an open band where seemingly all the DX lads over there arer using the abbreviated format, I opt for the same.

It'sa crapshoot, as we say in colonies.

Sometimes this Omnirig, they followed right on thru to their final 73 .
Many other times they kept repeating R-03, for example.

So, with respect to that scenario, are you then suggesting it's tactically better for me to, IMMEDIATE the decode of their repeated TX3, that revert IMMEDIATELY to RRR; send it, and keep that format thereafter??

Then, in addition, are we assuming that the bands are known to be jammed up with traffic, so I should dispense thereafter with the abbreviated RR73 format?? Makes good sense in retrospect now.'Cuz that has happened so very much to me in the last few days on 12, with my pip-squeak transmitted power.

Thanks for the timely tip.

. Double-click the Tx 4 message to switch it to the RRR format message and the QSOs will proceed as you wish.
--

Best regards,

Bob KD7YZ EM88LL

Bob KD7YZ in NE Kentucky

And you do it again. And again as necessary until you or your partner decide to quit the qso.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Gary - AG0N

On Oct 10, 2021, at 10:35, KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@denstarfarm.us> wrote:

Then, in addition, are we assuming that the bands are known to be jammed up with traffic, so I should dispense thereafter with the abbreviated RR73 format?? Makes good sense in retrospect now.'Cuz that has happened so very much to me in the last few days on 12, with my pip-squeak transmitted power.
Apply a little logic.. If you are running a pip-squeak antenna or power (or both), you should expect to not be heard every transmission. Be prepared to use RRR on a normal basis. I you regularly have to do repeats, you should assume the same. If it is a very strong station, you may be able to go back to RR73. Most HF seems to use and only require RR73. On the other hand, if you’re running VHF with a non-local, RR73 should not be assumed. If you’re on MSK144, please don’t use RR73. By definition, MS is hit and miss, mostly miss.

Gary - AG0N

Bill M

The problem may also be that they saw the RR73 and moved on. I've done so why wouldn't they once in a while in their own rushed world?

The point is it happens.

Bill