FoxAndHoun last only 2.5 minutes #FoxAndHound

Amos Sobel 4X4MF

FT8 Fox and Hound have become very popular lately but it has a problem:
My calls for  J5HKT yesterday and today on 7,10, 18 Mhz does last about 2.5 minutes. Enable Tx becomes Halt Tx. This in in contrast to the usual FT8 call which does last 6 minute by default.

Is it a failure or by design?

Amos 4X4MF

Bill Somerville

On 10/10/2021 11:41, Amos Sobel 4X4MF wrote:
FT8 Fox and Hound have become very popular lately but it has a problem:
My calls for  J5HKT yesterday and today on 7,10, 18 Mhz does last about 2.5 minutes. Enable Tx becomes Halt Tx. This in in contrast to the usual FT8 call which does last 6 minute by default.

Is it a failure or by design?

Amos 4X4MF
Hi Amos,

see point 11 in the "Detailed Instructions for Hounds" section in this document:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/FT8_DXpedition_Mode.pdf

I is intended and designed to try an minimize QRM above 1000 Hz where many Hounds may be calling together. You only need hit ENTER to restart you call.