WSJTX 2.5.0 full release issue #QSO_practices #decode

JJ Knight

While calling CQ, If a station responds thru the conversation, if he sends me a 73, my software disengages the ENABLE button and resets. See image of QSO. This doesn't happen when I'm calling someone directly. I have to come back and resend the 73 manually.

Why?

JJ
N5MNX

Bill Somerville

On 09/10/2021 18:25, JJ Knight wrote:
While calling CQ, If a station responds thru the conversation, if he sends me a 73, my software disengages the ENABLE button and resets. See image of QSO. This doesn't happen when I'm calling someone directly. I have to come back and resend the 73 manually.

Why?

JJ
N5MNX
Hi JJ,

your expectations should not be any different from the examples given in the WSJT-X User Guide:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.5.0.html#_standard_exchange

You can always send a courtesy 73 or free text message after a QSO is done by selecting the Tx5 message, or entering a free text message there up to 13 characters, and pressing the "Enable Tx" button.