Source:        Application Error
Date:          10/5/2021 10:03:34 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE, version: 10.0.22000.100, time stamp: 0xf232409c
Faulting module name: RtkIntU642.dll, version: 11.0.6000.866, time stamp: 0x60069e2b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001568e0
Faulting process id: 0x3b1c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7ba54dc168624
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\realtekintapo2.inf_amd64_dfa49b2ca3b829a3\RtkIntU642.dll
Report Id: 963c6a8b-af26-4c15-b3d9-42f9266f5dbd
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Bill Somerville

On 08/10/2021 22:48, Jeff Elkins wrote:
I'm unable to run wsjt-x on a new PC due to error in sound input messages.  Started with Windows 10, continued with Windows 11.
I've tried disabling the RealTek audio devices, but that didn't help.  This is driving me nuts!
Rig: 7300
Connection: USB PC->7300
Microphone: USB Audio Codec
Speaker: USB Audio Codec
COM3: Silicon Labs CP210X USB to UART Bridge
73
Jeff Elkins
Hi Jeff,

I doubt the AUDIODG.EXE crash in the event log is related to the WSJT-X error message. Have you allowed WSJT-X access to microphone devices in the system Camera and Microphone Privacy options?

Mitch Cohen

I had the same problem in Windows 11 with an FT-991A and the suggestion of: Have you allowed WSJT-X access to microphone devices in the system Camera and Microphone Privacy options? Fixed my problem.

Jeff Elkins

All the privacy options are checked.

Alan G4ZFQ

Jeff
All the privacy options are checked.
I guess we are all waiting for some genius to answer!
The error seems to involve the RealTek audio device. But that should not be seen if it is disabled. In any case it has nothing to do with your setup.

Have you tried uninstalling it? Even delete drivers, stop it re-installing.

I did have trouble with Windows "updating" my Realtek but that just stopped it working properly. I got drivers from Realtek and all was restored.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Jeff Elkins

Yeah, I jumped through all the RealTek hoops;  disabled the rt devices in device manager, disabled driver updates, even booted into safe mode and moved the rt drivers out of the way.  Bill says that the RtkIntU642.dll is not likely to be related, so I guess that was a red herring.

Jeff Elkins

OK, after fighting this for days, I finally grabbed a ferrite and wrapped my USB cable (never had an issue with this cable with previous setups) just in case this was an RFI issue:

https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/topic/69952737

Absolutely no effect whatsoever.  Continual sound input error dialogs. The Microphone privacy switch is not an issue as I posted earlier.

So, I set up an elderly Toshiba Satellite running Windows 7, hooked it up with the same cable same driver, same software, same place in the shack, and it's been running for 7 hours w/o a hitch.

The computer is a brand-new Asus VivoBook 17 K712EA, and I never dreamed that I would have any issues with it. I've got a limited amount of time to return it.  I'd really appreciate feedback.

73
Jeff Elkins

Dave Garber

do you have the 991a audio drivers installed?. I may have missed that answer.   You  should be selecting the audio codec, and I think someone mentioned, give permission to allow wsjt to use the microphone

make sure you had restarted the PC before trying to restart the wsjt/jtalert, or whatever you are trying to use.

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 12:47 AM Jeff Elkins <jeffelkins@...> wrote:
OK, after fighting this for days, I finally grabbed a ferrite and wrapped my USB cable (never had an issue with this cable with previous setups) just in case this was an RFI issue:

https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/topic/69952737

Absolutely no effect whatsoever.  Continual sound input error dialogs. The Microphone privacy switch is not an issue as I posted earlier.

So, I set up an elderly Toshiba Satellite running Windows 7, hooked it up with the same cable same driver, same software, same place in the shack, and it's been running for 7 hours w/o a hitch.

The computer is a brand-new Asus VivoBook 17 K712EA, and I never dreamed that I would have any issues with it. I've got a limited amount of time to return it.  I'd really appreciate feedback.

73
Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins

I'm running an IC 7300.