locked re-establishing wsjtx log #WSJTX_config

John Wiener

Is this the proper setup for wsjtx logging?  I still cannot get worked-before status to work.  After probs with a Mac update, I lost the original log file and replaced it with the LOTW file renamed as 'wsjtx_log.adi' However, it shows 7.9 MB as a TextEdit instead of a log File...the 7.9MB figure looks accurate.

On a Mac, this is the only way I know to identify worked-before status before transmitting.
RUMlogng will only show worked-before status after transmission is initiated.

It's been a rough week since the last Mac update here.  Mac OS11.6.   WSJT-X 2.5.0

John AB8O

Reino Talarmo

Hi John,

Could it be a simple reason. The wsjtx_log.adi file should be in the same directory as the ALL.TXT file not in the sample directory. Or have you managed somehow change the log directory from the wsjt-x default one?

If I use the menu item Open log directory in File menu, then I will be in the correct directory where e.g. wsjtx_log.adi should be.

73, Reino OH3mA

Is this the proper setup for wsjtx logging?  I still cannot get worked-before status to work.  After probs with a Mac update, I lost the original log file and replaced it with the LOTW file renamed as 'wsjtx_log.adi' However, it shows 7.9 MB as a TextEdit instead of a log File...the 7.9MB figure looks accurate.

On a Mac, this is the only way I know to identify worked-before status before transmitting.
RUMlogng will only show worked-before status after transmission is initiated.

It's been a rough week since the last Mac update here.  Mac OS11.6.   WSJT-X 2.5.0

John AB8O

Bill Somerville

On 08/10/2021 17:28, John Wiener wrote:
Is this the proper setup for wsjtx logging?  I still cannot get worked-before status to work.  After probs with a Mac update, I lost the original log file and replaced it with the LOTW file renamed as 'wsjtx_log.adi' However, it shows 7.9 MB as a TextEdit instead of a log File...the 7.9MB figure looks accurate.

On a Mac, this is the only way I know to identify worked-before status before transmitting.
RUMlogng will only show worked-before status after transmission is initiated.

It's been a rough week since the last Mac update here.  Mac OS11.6.   WSJT-X 2.5.0

John AB8O
John,

your screen capture shows you have a bunch of WSJT-X files that should be in the WSJT-X directory but are in the save directoory below that.

John Wiener

Bill,
Where precisely should they go?  Does this look better? I seem to remember that they should be under SAVE

It's been an interesting and LONG process to get my shack back in order after the OS update...amazing.
I still have glitches...RUMlogng no longer populates the qso with name, address, etc.  I can't get RUMlogng to change from using hamqth to qrz.com...but it won't pull down data from either one.  On WSJT-X, worked-before still doesn't work.
Thanks again, OM
John AB8O

Reino Talarmo

Bill,
Where precisely should they go?
Does this look better? I seem to remember that they should be under SAVE

It's been an interesting and LONG process to get my shack back in order after the OS update...amazing.
I still have glitches...RUMlogng no longer populates the qso with name, address, etc.  I can't get RUMlogng to change from using hamqth to qrz.com...but it won't pull down data from either one.  On WSJT-X, worked-before still doesn't work.
Thanks again, OM
John AB8O

Hi John,

As Bill told they should not be in the save directory, but in the same directory where the save directory is, see User Guide ‘15.1. File locations’ that states Log directory: %LOCALAPPDATA%\WSJT-X\

An easy way to go there is via menu File – Open log directory

73, Reino OH3mA

Bill Somerville

On 09/10/2021 03:21, John Wiener wrote:
Bill,
Where precisely should they go?  Does this look better? I seem to remember that they should be under SAVE

It's been an interesting and LONG process to get my shack back in order after the OS update...amazing.
I still have glitches...RUMlogng no longer populates the qso with name, address, etc.  I can't get RUMlogng to change from using hamqth to qrz.com...but it won't pull down data from either one. On WSJT-X, worked-before still doesn't work.
Thanks again, OM
John AB8O
Hi John,

yes that is the correct location, assuming the WSJT-X directory it self is in the right location. As Reino states, an easy way to locate the right location is to use WSJT-X, "Menu->File->Open log directory" will open a new Finder window located in the correct place.