Have I set up F/H wrong? #FoxAndHound

Dave Corio

I've created a separate configuration for F/H and have gone through the instructions several times, and it appears to be working, except for one thing.

When I transmit to the DX station, I don't see the rig "shift" the transmit frequency as it does in regular FT8 mode. I'm receiving the DX station below 500 Hz and transmitting above 1800 Hz and have good output. I have "Fake it" checked for my IC-7200, "Monitor Returns....", and "Special operating..." and "Hound" checked.

My only concern is that I'm not transmitting where I should be.

Thanks es 73
Dave - K1DJE

Bill Somerville

On 06/10/2021 20:45, Dave Corio via groups.io wrote:
I've created a separate configuration for F/H and have gone through the instructions several times, and it appears to be working, except for one thing.

When I transmit to the DX station, I don't see the rig "shift" the transmit frequency as it does in regular FT8 mode. I'm receiving the DX station below 500 Hz and transmitting above 1800 Hz and have good output. I have "Fake it" checked for my IC-7200, "Monitor Returns....", and "Special operating..." and "Hound" checked.

My only concern is that I'm not transmitting where I should be.

Thanks es 73
Dave - K1DJE
Hi Dave,

assuming you have one of the "Settings->Radio->Split Operating" options checked then your Tx VFO dial frequency and Tx tones will be adjusted to keep the Tx tones between 1500 Hz and 1999 Hz. Of course if your Tx offset is around 1800 Hz then the Tx VFO dial frequency will be the same as the Rx VFO dial frequency since no adjustment is necessary.

Dave Corio

Thanks, Bill! I thought the shift happened around 1500 Hz or so. Just didn't want to be branded as a "lid" for transmitting on the DX station's frequency!

73
Dave - K1DJE

Dave Garber

Edited

Also, if you were trying to work the s90k, he is not using f/h.  so not shift happens.

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 5:42 PM Dave Corio via groups.io <k1dje=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks, Bill! I thought the shift happened around 1500 Hz or so. Just didn't want to be branded as a "lid" for transmitting on the DX station's frequency!

73
Dave - K1DJE

Dick

I worked S90K yesterday on 10 Meters using F&H.

No problem with the QSO.

73, Dick, W1KSZ

On 2021-10-07 11:55 AM, Jim Spears wrote:
S9OK web site states they are using MSHV software which is a variant of WSJT-X and allows several simultaneous streams of QSOs which look, to the eye, just like F/H operation.  MSHV does NOT move the caller's TX frequency.
It appears that QSOs are possible by callers using either F/H or normal FT8 procedures.
Jim
N1NK

Jim Brown

This is a team of Czech ops, and their call is S9ok.

73, Jim K9YC