locked starting over with a Mac mini pre M1 #macOS

John Wiener

A new update on Mac yesterday...WSJT became unstable...kept requiring me to re-enter Test CAT after each transmission.  Then I noticed an audio beep at the end of transmission heard thru the computer speaker...and the xcvr stayed on xmit.
I somehow ended up removing WSJT-X completely to start over.  Then the trouble began.
first...'shared memory segment error'.  I tried to follow instructions on the readme document (see screenshot) and got 'permission denied'
Thx!
John AB8O

Bill Somerville

On 04/10/2021 19:50, John Wiener wrote:
A new update on Mac yesterday...WSJT became unstable...kept requiring me to re-enter Test CAT after each transmission.  Then I noticed an audio beep at the end of transmission heard thru the computer speaker...and the xcvr stayed on xmit.
I somehow ended up removing WSJT-X completely to start over.  Then the trouble began.
first...'shared memory segment error'.  I tried to follow instructions on the readme document (see screenshot) and got 'permission denied'
Thx!
John AB8O
Hi John,

your screen capture is too low resolution to read. Why not just select, copy, and paste the test from the terminal window rather than wasting space on this list by attaching images?

Are you installing the latest WSJT-X v2.5.0 version?

John Wiener

Hi Bill.  I muddled thru as usual and got WSJT-X receiving.  So I guess I did the memory adjustment OK.  I now have good decode but zero xmit out.  I have checked the audio codecs and the MIDI settings.  IC7300. Mac 11.6. WSJT 2.5.0
I think I had this problem the last time I had to reboot the whole thing.

Bill Somerville

On 04/10/2021 20:49, John Wiener wrote:
Hi Bill.  I muddled thru as usual and got WSJT-X receiving.  So I guess I did the memory adjustment OK.  I now have good decode but zero xmit out. I have checked the audio codecs and the MIDI settings.  IC7300. Mac 11.6. WSJT 2.5.0
I think I had this problem the last time I had to reboot the whole thing.
Hi John,

I hope you followed the new shared memory configuration instructions in the WSJT-X v2.5.0 installer DMG ReadMe.txt file, those should survive reboots and o/s upgrades better that the prior ones.

John Wiener

Any thoughts on the lack of xmit?  Must be an interface problem…no xmit on FLDigi either.  I did not change any parameters on the
IC 7300. It’s prob obvious and staring right at me.

John Wiener

Edited

I just noticed that on xmit, the IC7300 goes out of digital mode. I.e., USB-D goes to USB on xmit.

OK,,,what I found was that in Preferences, under Radio/Mode, USB was lilsted as mode instead of Data/Pkt.  I THINK that solved it.

Maybe this pathetic little tango will help someone else :)

John AB8O

Bill Somerville

On 04/10/2021 21:50, John Wiener wrote:
I just noticed that on xmit, the IC7300 goes out of digital mode. I.e., USB-D goes to USB on xmit
Hi John,

which option for "Preferences->Radio->Mode" do you have checked?

John Wiener

Hi Bill
Thanks again for the help.
I am using Data/Pkt and I have jumped that hurdle...now on to the next one and it's a big one.
I seem to have lost WSJT log.  I believe it is listed as wsjt_log.adi
So, now when on FT8, EVERYONE is a new QSO.  Not viable for this mode.
I checked around and I found a way to download my LOTW log and
I tried to use it to replace my WSJT log so I can tell new QSOs in FT8, etc.
so I migrated the ADI file from LOTW to the SAVE folder found under WSJT Open Log Directory
and renamed it wsjt_log.adi. (Its size is 7.9MB.)
I thought this might work but no...it is listed as a TextEdit instead of a Log File.
Am I getting warm?

John Wiener

after 3 days of pulling my hair out, what's left of it...I think I am possibly successful.
I renamed the file wsjt_log...wrong-o...I changed it to wsjtx_log and when I rescan ADIF log under Settings/Colours i now see 12900 worked before stations at the bottom of the wsjt-x window.
Let's see what else is wrong (!). Thanks very much
73
John AB8O