Audio device dropouts #macOS #Yaesu

Jeremy Stark

I am controlling my FT991A via USB CAT @ 19200bps.

I have v2.5.0 f95b59

I am running MacOS Mojave (v10.14.6) on a 2012 MacBook Pro.

1) After a few TX cycles, my TX audio switches to the speakers. If I go to the Audio preferences page, input and output are both showing USB Codec, but the dropdowns are showing nothing ticked. If I reselect the USB Codecs, the programme goes back to working for a while. If I look at the Audio preferences page while it’s working I can see the USB Codecs are both ticked. Can anyone suggest a reason for this?

2) Despite having Disable TX after sending 73 unticked, Enable TX drops out immediately after 73

I thought that upgrading from 2.4.0 might solve these, but they are both still problems on 2.5.0

Thanks

--
Jeremy Stark
G7BHB

Bill Somerville

On 30/09/2021 13:08, Jeremy Stark via groups.io wrote:
I am controlling my FT991A via USB CAT @ 19200bps.

I have v2.5.0 f95b59

I am running MacOS Mojave (v10.14.6) on a 2012 MacBook Pro.

1) After a few TX cycles, my TX audio switches to the speakers. If I go to the Audio preferences page, input and output are both showing USB Codec, but the dropdowns are showing nothing ticked. If I reselect the USB Codecs, the programme goes back to working for a while. If I look at the Audio preferences page while it’s working I can see the USB Codecs are both ticked. Can anyone suggest a reason for this?

2) Despite having Disable TX after sending 73 unticked, Enable TX drops out immediately after 73

I thought that upgrading from 2.4.0 might solve these, but they are both still problems on 2.5.0

Thanks

-- Jeremy Stark G7BHB
Hi Jeremy,

have you tried the suggestion in the WSJT-X User Guide?

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.5.0.html#INSTALL_OSX