Now getting shared memory error on iMac with wsjtx 2.4 #install #macOS

Joe Burnham

Since installing WSJTX 2.4 on my iMac (Intel chipset, 16 G RAM) , if I shut down, and power back up, when trying to run WSJTX I get the "Shared Memory Error".  Yes I did the necessary "copy and paste" from Terminal during initial install to set aside the memory, and verified that the location was correct

The only fix is to re-run the settings from terminal.  Is there a fix for this?

73, Joe WD4KAV

Bill Somerville

On 28/09/2021 20:20, Joe Burnham wrote:
Since installing WSJTX 2.4 on my iMac (Intel chipset, 16 G RAM) , if I shut down, and power back up, when trying to run WSJTX I get the "Shared Memory Error".  Yes I did the necessary "copy and paste" from Terminal during initial install to set aside the memory, and verified that the location was correct

The only fix is to re-run the settings from terminal.  Is there a fix for this?

73, Joe WD4KAV
Hi Joe,

the current release of WSJT-X, v2.5.0, has a new procedure for configuring the macOS shared memory parameters. It is documented in the ReadMe.txt file at the top of the installer DMG. This method should persist across o/s upgrades and works on M1 hardware as well.

Joe Burnham

THANKS Bill.  I will grab version 2.5 and hopefully that will fix things.
73, Joe WD4KAV