#install #Yaesu #WindowsXP #install #Yaesu #WindowsXP

Tom Ryan <kd6tr@...>

I'm a new user and I need help!  I have an FT-897 that is my dedicated digital station.  It is running on an older Dell Optiplex desktop.  The OS is XP Prefessional with service pack 3.  It is not hooked up to my wireless home network due to security issues with the XP OS.  I work various digital modes on it through a SignaLink USB.  I want to install WSJT-X on this system.  I tried downloading it onto a flash drive with my Windows 10 machine but all of the needed components won't load onto the flash drive.  any suggestions??

73 Tom  KD6TR

Bill Somerville

On 22/09/2021 23:11, Tom Ryan via groups.io wrote:
I'm a new user and I need help!  I have an FT-897 that is my dedicated digital station.  It is running on an older Dell Optiplex desktop.  The OS is XP Prefessional with service pack 3.  It is not hooked up to my wireless home network due to security issues with the XP OS.  I work various digital modes on it through a SignaLink USB.  I want to install WSJT-X on this system.  I tried downloading it onto a flash drive with my Windows 10 machine but all of the needed components won't load onto the flash drive.  any suggestions??

73 Tom  KD6TR
Hi Tom,

as noted here: https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx.html and here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wsjt/files/wsjtx-2.4.0/ WSJT-X no longer supports Windows XP.

Bill
G4WJS.

William Smith

V2.2.0 from June 2020 was the first release to drop support for XP.

Try Win10 or macOS or Linux.

73, Willie N1JBJ

On Sep 23, 2021, at 4:44 AM, Tom Ryan via groups.io <kd6tr=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I'm a new user and I need help! I have an FT-897 that is my dedicated digital station. It is running on an older Dell Optiplex desktop. The OS is XP Prefessional with service pack 3. It is not hooked up to my wireless home network due to security issues with the XP OS. I work various digital modes on it through a SignaLink USB. I want to install WSJT-X on this system. I tried downloading it onto a flash drive with my Windows 10 machine but all of the needed components won't load onto the flash drive. any suggestions??

73 Tom KD6TR

Alan G4ZFQ

It is running on an older Dell Optiplex desktop.  The OS is XP Prefessional with service pack 3.
Tom,

Older versions here https://sourceforge.net/projects/wsjt/files/

I guess you'll have to check, maybe some modes have changed but older like WSPR will still work, perhaps not quite so well.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Gilbert Baron

I would not be at all surprised if needed components are not available in that ancient OS. I would load W10 or at least W7 (assuming it can be done) on it and Away you go. If not then perhaps make it into a Linux system.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Ryan via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 17:12
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] #install #Yaesu #WindowsXP

73 Tom  KD6TR

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Carlos

Hi Tom,

My first Hamradio PC runs also only Win XP prof Sp3.
And I have WSJT-x 2.1.0 running perfect.
For me no need to have a later version !
I use WSJT-x only for KW.

My second Hamradio PC is a raspberry with buster OS.
Here I run the latest WSJT-X 2.5.0.
This works also OK, in my case only for SAT and MS.

Hope I could give you a helping hand, 73, Karl OE3JAG

Am 23.09.2021 um 00:11 schrieb Tom Ryan via groups.io:

73 Tom  KD6TR