locked SSL/TLS not installed #Windows10

Michael E Wilson Sr <ke5wct@...>

I am having problems resolving the error that SSL/TLS is not installed, when retrieving the LoTW user activity CSV file. I have followed all of the recommended fixes several times. I have uninstalled WSJT-X and the openSSL package, rebooted and reinstalled everything. No mater what I try the issue remains. I am running 64 bit PC with Win10, WSJT-X v 2..4.0 and JTAlert 2.50.6. Everything is working except this one issue.

Any suggestions?

73 de KE5WCT
Mike

Bill Somerville

On 16/09/2021 02:36, Michael E Wilson Sr wrote:
I am having problems resolving the error that SSL/TLS is not installed, when retrieving the LoTW user activity CSV file. I have followed all of the recommended fixes several times. I have uninstalled WSJT-X and the openSSL package, rebooted and reinstalled everything. No mater what I try the issue remains. I am running 64 bit PC with Win10, WSJT-X v 2..4.0 and JTAlert 2.50.6. Everything is working except this one issue.

Any suggestions?

73 de KE5WCT
Mike
Hi Mike,

have you installed the 64-bit version of WSJT-X? Have you checked if the required Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable is installed? Details in the WSJT-X User Guide:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.4.0.html#INSTALL_WIN

and here:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.4.0.html#FAQ

Item 3.

Bill
G4WJS.

Michael E Wilson Sr <ke5wct@...>

yes to all, I have even uninstalled all of those and reinstalled from scratch. I have installed 64 bit and even tried 32 bit. nothing has worked. As I said, everything works except that one function. I would not worry about it since it is not used often. I have manually downloaded the CSV file and placed it into the log directory. I which there was a way to tell the file was being used??
--
73 de KE5WCT
Mike

Pietro Molina

Mike, check this. I tried to send this message few hours ago, but was stopped by moderator.
Check to be sure W10 find your OpnenSSL

73 and good luck

Pietro I2OIM

Il giorno gio 16 set 2021 alle ore 14:31 Michael E Wilson Sr <ke5wct@...> ha scritto:
yes to all, I have even uninstalled all of those and reinstalled from scratch. I have installed 64 bit and even tried 32 bit. nothing has worked. As I said, everything works except that one function. I would not worry about it since it is not used often. I have manually downloaded the CSV file and placed it into the log directory. I which there was a way to tell the file was being used??
--
73 de KE5WCT
Mike