locked SSL/TLS not installed #Windows10

Michael E Wilson Sr <ke5wct@...>

I am having problems resolving the error that SSL/TLS is not installed, when retrieving the LoTW user activity CSV file. I have followed all of the recommended fixes several times. I have uninstalled WSJT-X and the openSSL package, rebooted and reinstalled everything. No mater what I try the issue remains. I am running 64 bit PC with Win10, WSJT-X v 2..4.0 and JTAlert 2.50.6. Everything is working except this one issue.

Any suggestions?

73 de KE5WCT
Mike

Bill Somerville

On 16/09/2021 02:36, Michael E Wilson Sr wrote:
I am having problems resolving the error that SSL/TLS is not installed, when retrieving the LoTW user activity CSV file. I have followed all of the recommended fixes several times. I have uninstalled WSJT-X and the openSSL package, rebooted and reinstalled everything. No mater what I try the issue remains. I am running 64 bit PC with Win10, WSJT-X v 2..4.0 and JTAlert 2.50.6. Everything is working except this one issue.

Any suggestions?

73 de KE5WCT
Mike
Hi Mike,

have you installed the 64-bit version of WSJT-X? Have you checked if the required Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable is installed? Details in the WSJT-X User Guide:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.4.0.html#INSTALL_WIN

and here:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.4.0.html#FAQ

Item 3.

Michael E Wilson Sr <ke5wct@...>

yes to all, I have even uninstalled all of those and reinstalled from scratch. I have installed 64 bit and even tried 32 bit. nothing has worked. As I said, everything works except that one function. I would not worry about it since it is not used often. I have manually downloaded the CSV file and placed it into the log directory. I which there was a way to tell the file was being used??
--
73 de KE5WCT
Mike

Pietro Molina

Mike, check this. I tried to send this message few hours ago, but was stopped by moderator.
Check to be sure W10 find your OpnenSSL

73 and good luck

Pietro I2OIM