WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc6 RPI4 and IC-7300 #WSJTX_config #install #raspberryPi #Icom

Stan Gammons

I finally got around to tinkering with my Raspberry PI 4, the current RC of WSJT-X compiled from source and my IC-7300. I haven't tried it with my TS-590SG to see if the results are the same.  Decoding works fine and CAT control seems to mostly work, the transmit light on the radio comes on when I click tune, but it doesn't transmit any audio. I'm sure it's because I'm unable to select the transmit audio source. Any ideas why that option is grayed out?  Here's some screen shots from a remote session on my Linux machine to the PI.

73

Stan
KM4HQE

Bill Somerville

On 16/09/2021 02:21, Stan Gammons via groups.io wrote:
I finally got around to tinkering with my Raspberry PI 4, the current RC of WSJT-X compiled from source and my IC-7300. I haven't tried it with my TS-590SG to see if the results are the same.  Decoding works fine and CAT control seems to mostly work, the transmit light on the radio comes on when I click tune, but it doesn't transmit any audio. I'm sure it's because I'm unable to select the transmit audio source. Any ideas why that option is grayed out?  Here's some screen shots from a remote session on my Linux machine to the PI.

73

Stan
KM4HQE
Hi Stan,

the "Settings->Radio->Transmit Audio Source" is only relevant for a small number of rigs where there are two CAT Tx commands and the audio source depends on which is used to key the rig. You rig is not one of those, the audio source on the I-730 is determined only by menu settings on the rig. I recommend you use "Settings->Radio->Mode->Data/Pkt" for a start and adjust the DATA MOD options on the rig to USB.

Carl - WC4H

Hi Stan.

Bill is 100% correct regarding using Data/PKT in WSJT-X and DATA MOD = USB on the radio.

I use the IC-7300 with my Pi4B with no problem.  I have used a Pi3 with a TS-570 remotely and that works.  I also currently use a Pi4B with an FT-450D remotely and it works fine.

I do prefer to use FLrig as the "radio" since it lets me change various items during operation and gives me overall radio control.

73.
Carl - WC4H

Stan Gammons

Hi Carl and Bill,