Return from 2 year qrt #help

pete.thomas.fi

Hi there,
After being away from digi modes for two years, I'd like to get back on air with FT4 and FT8.

Any advice would be welcome, in particular regarding how to update wsjtx...just the latest version or do I need to do it in steps?

I have an IC 7600 with high performamce tower PC, running Windows System 7 pro. I do not wish to upgrade the system 7, so is that a hindrance to what version of wdjtx I can run?
73'
Pete T
Oh2euu

Bill Somerville

On 11/09/2021 06:49, pete.thomas.fi wrote:
Hi there,
After being away from digi modes for two years, I'd like to get back on air with FT4 and FT8.

Any advice would be welcome, in particular regarding how to update wsjtx...just the latest version or do I need to do it in steps?

I have an IC 7600 with high performamce tower PC, running Windows System 7 pro. I do not wish to upgrade the system 7, so is that a hindrance to what version of wdjtx I can run?
73'
Pete T
Oh2euu

Hi Pete,

just install the latest version if WSJT-X downloaded from here: https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx.html or here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wsjt/files/ . You can un-install the old version first, your previous settings and log files will not be lost. Windows 7 is fine for now but eventually support for that will be dropped as Windows moves on to newer supported versions, but no plans for that as yet.

M0PWX

Bill,

While on the topic of supported OS versions, one I haven’t seen asked yet

Which versions will support the upcoming release of Win 11?

Is anyone WSJT-x on a windows insider build of win 11?

Just curious

73

Peter

M0PWX

From: Bill Somerville

Windows 7 is fine for now but eventually support for that will be dropped as Windows moves on to newer supported versions, but no plans for that as yet.

Hi Peter,

no status yet but I don't envisage any serious issues.

From: Bill Somerville

Windows 7 is fine for now but eventually support for that will be dropped as Windows moves on to newer supported versions, but no plans for that as yet.

Al Groff

Peter,
  I have been running WSJT-x 2.5 and my other ham apps on Win11 beta without any issues or special considerations.

But YMMV

AL, K0VM

From: Bill Somerville

Windows 7 is fine for now but eventually support for that will be dropped as Windows moves on to newer supported versions, but no plans for that as yet.

Michael Black

Win 11 working fine....no problems at all.

Mike W9MDB

From: Bill Somerville

Windows 7 is fine for now but eventually support for that will be dropped as Windows moves on to newer supported versions, but no plans for that as yet.

M0PWX

Many thanks for the confirmation mike

73

Peter

M0PWX

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Bill Somerville

Windows 7 is fine for now but eventually support for that will be dropped as Windows moves on to newer supported versions, but no plans for that as yet.

M0PWX

Many thanks Al

73

Peter

M0PWX

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Bill Somerville

Windows 7 is fine for now but eventually support for that will be dropped as Windows moves on to newer supported versions, but no plans for that as yet.

pete.thomas.fi

Thanks Bill for that info and reply.
Pete T
Oh2euu