locked JT65 On 2m #JT65

Amos Sobel 4X4MF

I am trying hard to work on 2m. FT8 does not function here because of severe interference on 144.175 MHz.
Trying JT65A on 144.120 Mhz, I get the following:

What's wrong here?

I am using Win 10. and WSJT-X v2.5.0-rc5.

Amos 4X4MF

Bill Somerville

On 05/09/2021 16:29, Amos Sobel 4X4MF wrote:
I am trying hard to work on 2m. FT8 does not function here because of severe interference on 144.175 MHz.
Trying JT65A on 144.120 Mhz, I get the following:
<snip>
What's wrong here?

I am using Win 10. and WSJT-X v2.5.0-rc5.

Amos 4X4MF
Hi Amos,

JT65 is normally used on 2m for EME, are you trying EME?

There is nothing wrong, except that there are no signals to decode. The JT65 decode in VHF and up mode will indicate sync detection, this is useful to home in on signals that may be there but in your case I expect they are simply false detections.

Amos Sobel 4X4MF

Bill

Thanks for your help.

1. I am planning to go EME in the next few weeks. I have to install my yagi on a moon tracking rotator.
2. I am trying to verify my hardware by receiving something on 2m FT8, FT4, MSK144, Q65 and JT65 from Europe. So far only local stations received.
3. PSK Reporter does show JT65 activity in Europe. How can I receive it? What is the preferred configuration.

Amos 4X4MF

On 05/09/2021 16:29, Amos Sobel 4X4MF wrote:
I am trying hard to work on 2m. FT8 does not function here because of
severe interference on 144.175 MHz.
Trying JT65A on 144.120 Mhz, I get the following:
<snip>
What's wrong here?

I am using Win 10. and WSJT-X v2.5.0-rc5.

Amos 4X4MF
Hi Amos,

JT65 is normally used on 2m for EME, are you trying EME?

There is nothing wrong, except that there are no signals to decode. The
JT65 decode in VHF and up mode will indicate sync detection, this is useful to home in on signals that may be there but in your case I expect they are simply false detections.

Tim Brannon, WA5MD

Amos,
You might try receiving the GRAVES French space radar system on 143.050 MHz. I was not successful with my 2m EME rig last year (long story), but I did manage to receive this radar signal. Of course, you'll merely see a CW signal on the waterfall, but no data decodes.

73 de Tim, WA5MD in Dallas

Amos Sobel 4X4MF

Thank you Tim

Very good idea. I will try it when I put my Yagi on the new rotator.

Amos 4X4MF