locked Windows 10 "crash"? #WSPR #IssueReport

Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)

Over the past week or so, I have been receiving WSPR, after a while I check and WSJT-X closed. At first, I thought when my screensaver turned on it somehow caused the program to close.
This morning I was running WSPR on RX and TX while working in my room, the program just quit out of the blue, and no, the screensaver wasn't running.
The latest version of WIN 10, WSJT-X V2.4.0.
Thoughts, Ideas?

Ryan

Is there a memory leakage somewhere along the line. Keep an eye on the amount of memory WSJT-X is using. If it is slowly climbing up, sooner or later it will crash. How long depends on what else you have running at the time and how much memory you have fitted in your PC.

That said it might not be a fault condition. If the software is keeping a list of events (such as decodes) this will also slowly build up the amount of memory used.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Sent from Mail for Windows

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

William Smith

Is it possible you (un)plugged a USB device, (dis)connected a Remote Desktop connection, (had Windows automatically and without warning) do a Windows Update, or something else?

It might be useful to iterate through all your USB devices, hubs, and connections with Device Manager and disable any power saving settings.

73, Willie N1JBJ

On Aug 31, 2021, at 8:59 AM, Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB) <rt83021@...> wrote:

Over the past week or so, I have been receiving WSPR, after a while I check and WSJT-X closed. At first, I thought when my screensaver turned on it somehow caused the program to close.
This morning I was running WSPR on RX and TX while working in my room, the program just quit out of the blue, and no, the screensaver wasn't running.
The latest version of WIN 10, WSJT-X V2.4.0.
Thoughts, Ideas?

Ryan Trullinger (KC0QNB)

Never thought about that after the latest update, I changed the power management to off, thanks!