Is there a standard frequency used for F&H #FT8 #FoxAndHound

Norman Heyen

I've looked and not found an answer. Is there a common frequency that DX expeditions use for Fox & Hound operations?
73,
Norman
KC9NVN

neil_zampella

Not really, although there are some that are frequently used, but to eliminate QRM, most DXPeditions will list on a webpage what frequencies they will be using.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 8/26/2021 9:06 AM, Norman Heyen wrote:
I've looked and not found an answer. Is there a common frequency that DX expeditions use for Fox & Hound operations?
73,
Norman
KC9NVN

Kermit Lehman

This is one situation where keeping track of spots on clusters really pays off. Someone will likely post any F/H operation. It's difficult otherwise to keep track of all the bands and frequencies as well as propagation and DXpedition operating practices.

I use DX Monitor, which offers a lot of convenient sifting and sorting features.  It's shareware with a nominal one time fee. Well worth it, IMO.

Spots  from RBN and PSKReporter are always helpful, too, but they may not report on unusual operating frequencies.

73,

Ken, AB1J

Not really, although there are some that are frequently used, but to eliminate QRM, most DXPeditions will list on a webpage what frequencies they will be using.

Neil, KN3ILZ
On 8/26/2021 9:06 AM, Norman Heyen wrote:
I've looked and not found an answer. Is there a common frequency that DX expeditions use for Fox & Hound operations?
73,
Norman
KC9NVN

Norman Heyen

Thanks everyone. This is sort of what I expected. I'll look into the other software mentioned. I guess I have to start actively monitoring the DX expeditions and get serious about it.

73,
Norman
KC9NVN