Is there a standard frequency used for F&H #FT8 #FoxAndHound

Norman Heyen

I've looked and not found an answer. Is there a common frequency that DX expeditions use for Fox & Hound operations? 
Norman 
KC9NVN

neil_zampella

Not really, although there are some that are frequently used, but to eliminate QRM, most DXPeditions will list on a webpage what frequencies they will be using.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 8/26/2021 9:06 AM, Norman Heyen wrote:
I've looked and not found an answer. Is there a common frequency that DX expeditions use for Fox & Hound operations? 
Norman 
KC9NVN

Kermit Lehman

This is one situation where keeping track of spots on clusters really pays off. Someone will likely post any F/H operation. It's difficult otherwise to keep track of all the bands and frequencies as well as propagation and DXpedition operating practices.

I use DX Monitor, which offers a lot of convenient sifting and sorting features.  It's shareware with a nominal one time fee. Well worth it, IMO.

Spots  from RBN and PSKReporter are always helpful, too, but they may not report on unusual operating frequencies.

Ken, AB1J

-----Original Message-----
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Aug 26, 2021 3:22 pm
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Is there a standard frequency used for F&H #FoxAndHound #FT8

Not really, although there are some that are frequently used, but to eliminate QRM, most DXPeditions will list on a webpage what frequencies they will be using.

Neil, KN3ILZ
Norman 
KC9NVN

Norman Heyen

Thanks everyone. This is sort of what I expected. I'll look into the other software mentioned. I guess I have to start actively monitoring the DX expeditions and get serious about it.

Norman
KC9NVN

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 11:37 AM Kermit Lehman via groups.io <ktfrog007=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
This is one situation where keeping track of spots on clusters really pays off. Someone will likely post any F/H operation. It's difficult otherwise to keep track of all the bands and frequencies as well as propagation and DXpedition operating practices.

I use DX Monitor, which offers a lot of convenient sifting and sorting features.  It's shareware with a nominal one time fee. Well worth it, IMO.

Spots  from RBN and PSKReporter are always helpful, too, but they may not report on unusual operating frequencies.

Ken, AB1J

-----Original Message-----
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Aug 26, 2021 3:22 pm
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Is there a standard frequency used for F&H #FoxAndHound #FT8

Neil, KN3ILZ
Norman 
KC9NVN