locked Not sure if this a known problem or not #AudioIssues

colin

Hi All
I have been using WSJT-X for awhile now, everything has been fine untill the last few days.  When i try to transmit or even just tune
WSJT-X will shut down with following errors
WSJT-X also loses the frequency and shows OOB out of band?
I am using WSJT-X,LOG4OM,GRIDTRACKER
and an ft450d with a yaesu scu-17 interface.
I would welcome any help
Many thanks
Colin
G0OSK

Bill Somerville

On 25/08/2021 22:45, colin via groups.io wrote:
Hi All
I have been using WSJT-X for awhile now, everything has been fine untill the last few days.  When i try to transmit or even just tune
WSJT-X will shut down with following errors
WSJT-X also loses the frequency and shows OOB out of band?
I am using WSJT-X,LOG4OM,GRIDTRACKER
and an ft450d with a yaesu scu-17 interface.
I would welcome any help
Many thanks
Colin
G0OSK
Hi Colin,

CAT failure and audio device failure when transmitting is almost certainly due to RFI disrupting the USB connection between your PC and SCU-17.

colin

Thank you Bill

I will try some ferrites on the usb cable unless you know of a better solution.

Thanks again

Colin

G0osk

Sent from Mail for Windows

On 25/08/2021 22:45, colin via groups.io wrote:

> Hi All

> I have been using WSJT-X for awhile now, everything has been fine

> untill the last few days.  When i try to transmit or even just tune

> WSJT-X will shut down with following errors

> WSJT-X also loses the frequency and shows OOB out of band?

> I am using WSJT-X,LOG4OM,GRIDTRACKER

> and an ft450d with a yaesu scu-17 interface.

> I would welcome any help

> Many thanks

> Colin

> G0OSK

Hi Colin,

CAT failure and audio device failure when transmitting is almost

certainly due to RFI disrupting the USB connection between your PC and

SCU-17.

d_ziolkowski

Colin-
also check all your rf connecters, one may have loosened up.

Dan KC2STA

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 5:39 AM colin via groups.io <csaggers1=sky.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thank you Bill

I will try some ferrites on the usb cable unless you know of a better solution.

Thanks again

Colin

G0osk

Sent from Mail for Windows

On 25/08/2021 22:45, colin via groups.io wrote:

> Hi All

> I have been using WSJT-X for awhile now, everything has been fine

> untill the last few days.  When i try to transmit or even just tune

> WSJT-X will shut down with following errors

> WSJT-X also loses the frequency and shows OOB out of band?

> I am using WSJT-X,LOG4OM,GRIDTRACKER

> and an ft450d with a yaesu scu-17 interface.

> I would welcome any help

> Many thanks

> Colin

> G0OSK

Hi Colin,

CAT failure and audio device failure when transmitting is almost

certainly due to RFI disrupting the USB connection between your PC and

SCU-17.

Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T
Ubuntu LINUX

Pietro Molina

Colin, I had the same problem after upgrading WSJT-X to 2.4 with my FT817. Unexpectedly I resolved using 38.400 as baud rate instead of 9.600 for CAT, and now I'm using 2.5 beta. I think there is some time-out problem somewhere.

Pietro I2OIM

colin

Many thanks all for your suggestions

I have added 2 clip on ferrites to the usb cable at the scu-17 end and all now appears ok?

I have no idea why it should go from being fine to being plagued with RFI,that is beyond me ,but I`m now a happy bunny.

Thanks to all for their help

Colin

G0osk

Sent from Mail for Windows

Colin, I had the same problem after upgrading WSJT-X to 2.4 with my FT817. Unexpectedly I resolved using 38.400 as baud rate instead of 9.600 for CAT, and now I'm using 2.5 beta. I think there is some time-out problem somewhere.

Pietro I2OIM

William Smith

If your antenna system gets worse from loose or wet or corroded connections, you might have more RFI in your shack than you had last week.

73, Willie N1JBJ